• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Good Condition 3L Black SVT

truebluetitan

New CEG'er
Hey all, I recently missed out on the sale of a black 3L SVT Contour and am now slightly fixated on getting one. I currently have a 1998 t-red SVT and had a t-red 2.0L LX (used to be on here as Tred Tour) back in high school. If you're looking to get out of the Contour scene and want it to go to someone who genuinely appreciates these cars for what they are then let me know.

Ideally I want a black 3L car but would consider black/silver non-3L as well. Thanks!

I have one I am thinking I will sell. It needs new paint and is not a mint car but has everything you would need to make it a gem. 167k miles. runs and drives perfect (I am always amazed that when I take it out it still drive like it was new). all the body parts for the SVT are in good shape other than a half-dollar sized hole in the front bumper cover. Seats are in very good shape thought the sun as started to cause the very top of the rear seat to split. dome light cover and sunroof motor fell apart from heat over the years so we just put a crank handle on it so it works fine that way. If this sounds interesting, let me know and I'll snap you some picture including anything that is in need of any repair.

Atlanta GA. Price is negotiable
-Jerry

I have one I am thinking I will sell. It needs new paint and is not a mint car but has everything you would need to make it a gem. 167k miles. runs and drives perfect (I am always amazed that when I take it out it still drive like it was new). all the body parts for the SVT are in good shape other than a half-dollar sized hole in the front bumper cover. Seats are in very good shape thought the sun as started to cause the very top of the rear seat to split. dome light cover and sunroof motor fell apart from heat over the years so we just put a crank handle on it so it works fine that way. If this sounds interesting, let me know and I'll snap you some picture including anything that is in need of any repair.

Atlanta GA. Price is negotiable
-Jerry

Thanks for replying and the transparency! I'd appreciate seeing the photos if you're going to be putting it up for sale, but ideally I'm buying something more turnkey.

I have a Full 3L SVT (Black, dyno'd 215/213 HP/TQ). It has a fully built HMS trans. with Torsen Diff., BAT suspension, new hi-performance tires, new lower control arms, etc..Much more. It needs paint and I was in the middle of redoing the rear brake lines before my schedule got busy. Please let me know if you're interested. I am in MD. Joe.

I have a Full 3L SVT (Black, dyno'd 215/213 HP/TQ). It has a fully built HMS trans. with Torsen Diff., BAT suspension, new hi-performance tires, new lower control arms, etc..Much more. It needs paint and I was in the middle of redoing the rear brake lines before my schedule got busy. Please let me know if you're interested. I am in MD. Joe.

Thanks, Joe. Shot you a message.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back