• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DIY poly fill roll restrictor

I put the mount in a make-shift oven I have and am cooking it at a little over 100 degrees F... This is making it harden so much faster, LOL... It probably would have taken a week for the core to harden without this kick in the rear to get it going :cool:

Wow, I cannot believe that it has been almost 2.5 years since I did this... The 3M poly is still holding up great in the rear RR! I am finally going to do the front RR now... I guess it took me a little while to get around to it, LOL...

Just replaced mine today. Took about an hour total time. I had purchased a aftermarket replacement one that I then filled with shore #60 liquid urethane to stiffen it up. It feels nice. Not to firm but much better then stock.

I now have a stock one that I can clean up and fill with the urethane that I have left over. Anyone interested? I think I can do this shipped to you for less then $50. PM me if interested. If you are in a hurry then look else were as I can't get to it for a couple of weeks.

Back