• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$150 buys you a contour these days...

over_30k

CEG'er
Was at the dealership today picking up some stuff for my SE and ended up buying a car. As I was walking out the door sales guy asked if I wanted another Contour for $500. I told him I'll take a look.
Checked it out and drove it. Motor feels very nice, idles smooth, pulls strong and has no check engine light. Auto shifts smooth through all gears. Oil is clean and transmisssion fluid nice and pink. No rattles from anywhere. Has new tires and looks like the previous owner rustproofed the car.

Problems: Looks like the water pump is shot, did a squeeze test on the hose and felt no surge. Temp sending unit is gone as well, reads hot all the time. Exhaust needs new flex pipe. Minor dings an some punks put a spray can mark on the drivers side fender and tiny part of the hood. Hoping I can polish it out.
I offered $150 pointing out the above problems and he went for it.

It's 1996 Sport, with 141000 km.
What do you think?
i5yfmg.jpg

15hzfxs.jpg

15zqb7q.jpg

1kd5h.jpg

Thats a sweet deal. 30 minutes to change the water pump/sending unit and you could drive to the exhaust shop yourself.

I almost bought a 1995 Mystique in that color before I got my Contour. It changes to a Champagne color in the sun :drool:

Awesome deal. You could easily make your money back and a ton more if you wanted to. New WP and sender and youre set for a DD.

sweet deal. a local guy here picked up a running csvt for $300. a coworker of a friend picked up a MINT sonic blue fsvt that needed a gasket change(?) (weekend fix) for $1200 :shocked::cry: he picked it up friday and had it good as new by monday.

Put some new headlights on it and you have a new looking car. :cool:

meh... sandpaper and a garden hose will do just fine.

I could not wait and went to scraper. Found a 3.0 duratec Taurus that looked like new with smashed ass. Pulled a pump, looks mint. Also found sending unit, good exhaust flex pipe and some other things needed. Picking up a set of rotors tmrw as well. She'll be road ready tmrw...:crazy:

Very nice! the paint looks amazing, and i am loving that color. I would have bought it as well. Fixed it and either sold it or turned it into a DD.

Back