• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another craigslist retard

i wouldnt necessarily call it retarded. i've seen some pretty nice cougars with that hood. all it needs is paint

Ya, JDM-Jap. Dom. Market.... But like stated it could be a jap part.. not really chances are its from here but never the less the JDM thing just got blown up like its just a new style having absolutly nothing to do with the jap dom market.... Basicly another thing we can thank EBAY for ... as long as it says JDM some 18yr old will buy it thinking his honda is closer to its roots... not really knowing that its either from Michigan , or some poor slave wage factory from another country OTHER than Japan... So....
Yes its "JDM" and yes they have JDM cougars just like a USDM accord... its just about what market it was released on and what format..

My 2₵, Ѿɱ.

Nope. You fail.

Fail? How? What did I say that was wrong. I doubt that the cougar was sold in Japan so its unlikely that parts were readily produced for it in the Japanese market. Therefore, it is not a 'JDM' part. That would imply it was specifically made for sale in Japan and it was 'somehow' imported here.

'JDM' is not a 'style'.

Fail? How? What did I say that was wrong. I doubt that the cougar was sold in Japan so its unlikely that parts were readily produced for it in the Japanese market. Therefore, it is not a 'JDM' part. That would imply it was specifically made for sale in Japan and it was 'somehow' imported here.

'JDM' is not a 'style'.

Picard2.gif

How is it fail? Explain it, douche.

There is only a JDM 'style' hood available for cars sold in Japan. Therefore, there is no 'JDM' style hood for a car not available in Japan.

i don't understand how you can make a statement like that. you're saying that you can only buy a japanese style hood if your car was purchased in Japan? didnt you just say that JDM wasn't a style? did you not read what we wrote? "JDM" companies make hoods for fords. he bought a "JDM" hood for his ford. it may have said JDM in the ad he got it from, but its most likely made here. i don't understand why you think he's retarded. godddddddddddddddddddddd. im done posting in this thread. i think my IQ just dropped from this

A JDM part for a car like a civic or an integra it is just how the stock body style (yes, ok, JDM is a style) is in that country, and since there is no Cougar in Japan, there can be no JDM parts for it.

A JDM part for a car like a civic or an integra it is just how the stock body style (yes, ok, JDM is a style) is in that country, and since there is no Cougar in Japan, there can be no JDM parts for it.

A) JDM is a style
B) JDM refers only to parts made in Japan for cars made in Japan

Both A and B cannot be true. Which is it?

Wow. Really?

If it's true that the term "JDM" refers to a style, then there's nothing stopping any company from making "JDM"-style parts for any car.

If "JDM" refers only to parts made in Japan for cars made in Japan, then "JDM" parts can't exist for non-Japanese cars.

Your original post claims "B," but it seems you're trying to backpedal and cover your ass. If "JDM" is a style, then any car can have "JDM" parts.

Wow. Really?

If it's true that the term "JDM" refers to a style, then there's nothing stopping any company from making "JDM"-style parts for any car.

If "JDM" refers only to parts made in Japan for cars made in Japan, then "JDM" parts can't exist for non-Japanese cars.

Your original post claims "B," but it seems you're trying to backpedal and cover your ass. If "JDM" is a style, then any car can have "JDM" parts.

Using Mondeo parts on your Contour could be considered EDM style, or European domestic market. At the same time, a Mondeo owner could use Contour parts and call it ADM, or American Domestic market.

You cannot buy parts for a car not sold in Japan, and claim they are JDM.

Back