• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1991 Ford Contour

over_30k

CEG'er
I don't know if it was ever posted here before but here is what I came across.

"The Contour, shown at the 1991 Detroit Show, was revolutionary in so many respects. Its engine was the first straight-eight since Pontiac’s in 1954 and was mounted transversely to save space. The shape of the car was dramatic with steeply raked screens and a long cabin dominating. It was mounted on an aluminum chassis entirely bonded together. The headlamps were 1 in- (2.5cm-) high arc discharge rods and there were two floating rear spoilers.":crazy:

The site is in Russian so if you need translation on this story or any other, let me know. http://www.carstyling.ru/cars.1991_Ford_Contour.html

91ford_contour.jpg

91ford_contour_1.jpg

91ford_contour_2.jpg

91ford_contour_3.jpg

i like the exterior.always have:shrug: the top half looks like a gen3 taurus,and from the side it looks like a sho spoiler,even the exhaust tips are sho like.
edit: actually,the more i look at it,from the a pillar back its damn near identical to the gen3 taurus..window are a bitter shorter,but its def'n more 'bull than tour.

I agree. The concept is the ugliest thing ever.

and isn't that was everyone was saying about the Saleen until someone bought it...then they started :drool: over it.

Granted this has 0 to do with our current tour, but I think it would be cool to say you own a concept car with a straight 8 in it. Wonder what the performance on it was

and isn't that was everyone was saying about the Saleen until someone bought it...then they started :drool: over it.

Granted this has 0 to do with our current tour, but I think it would be cool to say you own a concept car with a straight 8 in it. Wonder what the performance on it was

Not me I posted a thread years ago when it went for sale and wanted it then but couldnt afford it.

holy crap, cant believe I've never seen that.

my god what a combination of bad ideas, transverse straight 8, one sided rim spokes, 70's style non-symetric body lines.

still, I really like it.

Back