• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Restoration on YouTube

giganto

CEG'er
The Drivetribe YouTube Group has begun a series to restore Clarkson’s, Hammond’s and May’s few cars they all love; the Mondeo ST200. This, if you didn’t know, is the Euro SVT.

Wow, what a project, I applaud the owner and the shop for the amount of money and work that will be expended.

This coming April 2021 I'll have had my 99 SVT for 22 years, and there won't ever be a debate about restoring it - I'll just roll it out in the driveway and set it a-fire. ;-)

Restoring my CSVT is something I keep thinking about. I bought mine in almost exactly 21 years ago and I have 250,000 miles on it. It runs fine right now, but at some point Im going to have to decide what to do.

Mad Dog

I guess I can consider mine restored. It has had new paint within the last 10 years, ceramic pro coating, 3L hybrid engine rebuilt with forged internals within the last five years, etc. I only drive it in dry weather, otherwise it stays in the garage. I treat it like a much much more expensive can than it is. Mainly because it's still a blast to drive after all of these years. Got mine in 2002, so coming up on 20 years. :cool:

Back