Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost wrecked the SVT, Caught on Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost wrecked the SVT, Caught on Video!

For anyone who has missed it, i almost wrecked the SVT twice at Carlisle at the Friday evening autocross event. This season has been rough, with issues/breakages at every event so far. Here is the Carlisle video first then some of my other videos with some screw ups as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W0aY-HoS78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lW23HLhq2M

00 Contour SVT #1914 BLK/PT
    3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Love it man, glad to see you push the car..Maybe try a lower pressure in the rear..or loosen it up a bit It looks like it's just to stiff???

I follow u on youtube and on here man I really respect your build :) im down in SE pa,(lehighvalley)
    Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
    Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
    Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
    Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

I'm another pa guy in Schuylkill county check out my contour base model 5 speed. Granny sleeper status

Comment

Originally posted by FrancisPennysac View Post
        Love it man, glad to see you push the car..Maybe try a lower pressure in the rear..or loosen it up a bit It looks like it's just to stiff???

I follow u on youtube and on here man I really respect your build :) im down in SE pa,(lehighvalley)
        At the end of the video, one of the wires had torn from hitting the tire to the right front ABS sensor. I wasnt expecting my ABS to not work, so i went into panic mode and floored the brakes. The track this year was covered in stones, so not optimal for autocross.
        3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Comment

Originally posted by 95_Mystique View Post

At the end of the video, one of the wires had torn from hitting the tire to the right front ABS sensor. I wasnt expecting my ABS to not work, so i went into panic mode and floored the brakes. The track this year was covered in stones, so not optimal for autocross.
          What really happened? the outside front locked up and the rest didnt' or just the ABS didn't work at all and all 4 locked?? ugh scary on loose gravel.. :(
          Could have been worse though as you noted..
          Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
          Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
          Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
          Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

All 4 locked up.

Comment

Working...
            X