• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog light projector retro + 3000k HID

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
Just finished doing a projector retrofit on the SVT. Here are some pics of the final product. I spent a lot of time on it such as making custom mounting brackets for the projector itself, custom flat cutoff shield (a must for a fog projector) and then finally coming up w/ a way for the projector to accompany HID and the output look OEM. Anyone that has done this knows it is very involved (cutoff shield spacing, spacing of the bulb, position of the bulb, etc. It really is a game of millimeters. I'm pretty happy with the end result since this is my first retro and really enjoyed the project. New hobby :ponder:. Next project is the projector retro in the headlamps that I have been putting off. Have all the parts just need the time :crazy:.

Color, cutoff, and spread (pic is blurry but you can still see how sharp the cutoff is)

IMG_1285.jpg

Here w/ both the low beam HID (5000k Philips + bulbs). And fog light projector w/ the 3000k HID.
IMG_1286.jpg

Color between the low beam HID and fog HID. The fogs are alot more yellow in person but you get the idea. (the tiny bit of glare you see in this pic is really non existent in person thanks to the eyebrows. As a comparison the projector looks like its giving off glare and projectors give off no glare.)
IMG_1293.jpg

Last edited:
Price is obviously steep as with any projector/HID retrofit, you gotta pay to play. Plus the time and labor and custom fabbing that I did myself has to be taken into account. It was definitely a project but I'm extremely happy w/ the results.

Last edited:
That spread looks VERY good :cool:

:laugh:

Spread is... ok. As good as that projector will get, and more than you need for a fog light!

Project looks eerily similar to what I began months ago. I suppose I took to long to release the brackets....

Spread is as good as that projector will get, and more than you need for a fog light!

Exactly. I maxed this projector out lol. It is way more then enough for fogs. Fills in the space below the HID lows and out to the sides of the car perfectly!
[/quote]

Project looks eerily similar to what I began months ago. I suppose I took to long to release the brackets....

Not to be taken the wrong way but to be honest there were several PM's I sent to you and you did not respond to them regarding parts, how-to's, and where you source things from so I took it upon myself to get the job done. It's all good though I learned something new and have a new talent. Can not wait to do the retro in the low's. It's gonna be sick.

Last edited:
Looks awesome-- See the PM for the details of what I think haha, but it looks great

*Can't wait for the new grill and the change for my car after I get it :)

If anyone is interested in my exact setup that I had posted pics of PM me or check my GB. I can get you everything that you need that is included in my setup (projector fogs, 3000k HID kit or your choice of any color bulb, a very good harness, my custom flat cutoff shield, custom bracket, etc. so it is ready for plug and play installation.

PM me for details or check my GB. The more the better and cheaper.

Last edited:
Spread is... ok. As good as that projector will get, and more than you need for a fog light!

The HID projector fog kits I've seen are usually referred to as low-low beams.... the light output shouldn't be compared to a typical fog light.

Give credit where credit is due...

Give credit where credit is due...

Nice lights.... Hella 90mm projectors used for loglamps with a custom cutoff shield and bracket wired with an HID kit. This sure does bring back memories...

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=2615

/sarcasm off

This is the exact same thing I've had for my CSVT (4300k bulbs instead) for months now compliments of Pudmunkie. I find it in poor taste you never gave him so much as a nod of acknowledgment in this thread.

Back