Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have owned two Contours. A 1999 v6 and a 2000 svt, best cars ever!

Welcome.
    Still have pictures? if so, post some. Are you looking for another?
    Christine

2019 Ford Edge ST

www.velossatechdesign.com

https://zeus3d.net/

2000 Ford SVT Contour #1412

1998 Ford SVTContour #2059. 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012- SOLD
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

Comment

The left one is a 2000 SVT and the right is a 1999 SE Sport. The SVT was my first car, and I liked it so much I found another. However the "replacement" is now rusted out as well. So I, unfortunately, have to buy a new car.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Umm, that's not correct. Neither of them are an SVT unless you had that left one repainted, badged as a SE, front bumper changed, removed skirts, etc.....
        *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
        30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

I have to apologize. They are BOTH SE. Left is a 4 cylinder and the right is a V6 sport. I 100% thought it was an SVT. For the life of me I'm not sure why. Thank you for correcting me. I am (reluctantly) looking for a new car and trying to match a contour with today's cars is very difficult. Knowing that it is an SE helps me in the horsepower department. I haven't found any cars with the handling and responsiveness of a contour. If anyone here has any suggestions on modern cars that are similar to a contour (yes I know the fusions are the modern Mondeo, they just aren't the same) they are very welcome

Comment

Modern version of a Contour..... V6, manual trans, 4 doors....

Jetta, Elantra, Mazda 3 - There aren't a lot to pick from. If you google it, you will find 10-20 options but a lot of them don't really match the 'feel' of the SVT Contour.
            *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
            30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Agreed... with all of the safety features in today's cars (not necessarily a bad thing), none will feel quite like one from the bygone era.

My Mazda3 is a lot of fun, but it has drive by wire, a bevy of driver-assist technology, high beltline, thick pillars to hide the curtain airbags, and a generally cushioned-from-the-world feel when compared to the SVT.
              Matthew
              2017 Mazda3 GT
              1999 Contour SVT #410
              Sold: 98.5 Contour SE V6 ATX

Comment

Have owned Black 1998.5 SVT since new. Fun car!!! 88000 miles

Comment

Working...
                X