• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Certificate

call 1-800-FORD-SVT and have your VIN ready so they can look up your number.
Last I heard it was $40 for a certificate, but that may have changed.
It's free to get your build number at least, so definitely get that while you've got them on the phone.

Not free to get anything. Those ••••cocks wouldn't give me any info even though I already KNEW my build number. I even have the certificate somewhere I just couldn't find it and I needed the build date...

Not free to get anything. Those ••••cocks wouldn't give me any info even though I already KNEW my build number. I even have the certificate somewhere I just couldn't find it and I needed the build date...

wow they must have made changes because they gave me mine no problem. it was about a year and a half ago tho. thats crazy if they won't even give you the build number.

I knew the build number, just needed the date AND I already bought TWO certificates as I have two SVT vehicles but the Contour one is packed in a folder somewhere in storage so I figured I'd just call and they'd tell me. Yeah, needless to say I was pretty pissed.

They gave me my build number without any trouble, but would not give me my build date. They said I would have to buy a certificate for the build number.

maybe they are getting fed up with people calling all the time and they are getting annoyed? who knows, but thats their job anyway. lol but i think i may call back to get a certificate =)

I had a feeling they would stop giving all information over the phone. Just think of how much time they spend answering these questions for people. It's a waste of their time.

1 call a week/month for a SVT contour build number isn't a waste of their time...... They just know there is a market for the certificate so they hold back info so you buy one.

1 call a week/month for a SVT contour build number isn't a waste of their time...... They just know there is a market for the certificate so they hold back info so you buy one.

It's not just Contour owners that call for their SVT build numbers... :p

I know that :rolleyes:. That's why I specified "SVT contour" and not just "SVTs".

Back