• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

$$11,000, Am I tripping?!

I agree, keep the T-Red. If you get keyed, at least don't paint it an ugly color like that. I've seen it on here before, however don't think this is a re-post. He just can't sell the car.:laugh:

:laugh: that car was listed forever on autotrader...i set up my contour search for a 100 mile radius and that car would come up...looks like some dope finally took the bait, if it is indeed the second owner...it must have been hauled to texas cuz the mileage far as i can remember hasn't changed much

by the way, there are currently 3 maybe even 4 svt tours listed on autotrader within my search radius....maybe someone here can pick one of them up, cuz i sure cant:rolleyes:

Wow, that’s a high price for a repainted car - especially with the non-stock color change.

I have a 20,000 mile tropic green 99 SVT that is in truly stunning original condition in every way, even the undercarriage looks like it just came off the showroom. I posted detailed pictures a few months back while I had it on jack stands. The previous owner was meticulous and kept all the paperwork (window sticker, certificates and such). The car had been sitting in his garage under a cover for many years. I had to replace the battery and the dry-rotted tires. I also replaced pads and rotors and all fluids on general principle. The car runs great but I’ve put less than 100 miles on it since I’ve owned it.

I also own a heavily modified 99 tropic green SVT with about 28,000 miles on it. – I’ll have to post pictures of both cars side by side.

I’m going to sell my stock 99 tropic green CSVT soon - I might have it on Ebay as early as next weekend I think. I did have an unsolicited offer for $12,500 a few months ago but I don’t know how serious it was as I was too busy to follow up. I truly don’t expect to see much more than this one sold for.

Even with the low mileage, this stupid sounding guy did really well selling at that price.

wait guys wait wait. you guys aren't taking into account that no one has ever gotten a ticket while driving this car. that totally makes is worth 11k

It could have been worth $11K if it was still the original color. Nice looking car on the inside...I think. Little hard to tell by the pictures. Its a shame...car would have been worth more stock.

That color does even look good with the blue seats he missed that car up. He'll be lucky if you can get 4,000. I'm just wondering what made him paint the whole car if it had low miles?:shrug: Maybe it was in an crash?

That color does even look good with the blue seats he missed that car up. He'll be lucky if you can get 4,000. I'm just wondering what made him paint the whole car if it had low miles?:shrug: Maybe it was in an crash?
Car is definitely worth $4,000.
The paint is hideous, but if nothing else is fishy its probably a nice car.
I just paid $9500 total for a '99 SVT with 13,900 miles (looked spotless just like Jed's, which is amazing) and I'd gladly pay it again for having such a clean low-mile car.
-J

:laugh: that car was listed forever on autotrader...i set up my contour search for a 100 mile radius and that car would come up...looks like some dope finally took the bait, if it is indeed the second owner...it must have been hauled to texas cuz the mileage far as i can remember hasn't changed much

by the way, there are currently 3 maybe even 4 svt tours listed on autotrader within my search radius....maybe someone here can pick one of them up, cuz i sure cant:rolleyes:

Got a link to your search so I can check them out?

wait guys wait wait. you guys aren't taking into account that no one has ever gotten a ticket while driving this car. that totally makes is worth 11k

ROFL!!! You guys I'm not a bad driver, but this car, I tell you, she's racked up 4 speeding tickets..... She's got a lead foot :D

In the ad it says the car it was keyed. It is worth $4000, unfortunately hes going to have a hard time moving it since the color is ugly and the white door strips certainly don't help. Not sure what spoiler that is either.

Wow I'm surprised no one else has picked up on the fact that the picture under the hood you can clearly see the black passenger side strut tower with the factory stickers on it. Not only that look at how under the hood you can still see black, as well as over spray. Also the rad support is black.

Now I know someone is going to say maybe they were painted black when the exterior was done, but seriously by the looks of this do you really think the engine was pulled and the entire engine bay painted black? I don't think so. Honestly the whole thing sounds like a scam. Just my 2 cents.

i think i threw up in my mouth a small amount when i looked at that paint. :help:

I would give the guy $4,500 for it and then spend $3,000 getting it all repainted the way it's supposed to be and like others have said, there are some weird things about this car not to mention the seller's 80% positive feedback, could be some weird scam.

Back