• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1 piece bumper w/ Mirko anyone? and other custom parts...

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
im working with a guy who will be repping for True Forged on a corvette board and some others as well. he also wants to have custom hoods and bumpers made to sell on the forums as well, as TF products. they will mostly be custom made parts. typically knock off parts that have been changed up a bit and made with high quality materials, for less. i said that it sounded good and was thinking up doing so with the mustangs and Lightnings as well.

he has MUCH experience doing this as a forum vendor before (which is why i chose to do business with him). he knows the people at Extreme Dimensions pretty well and has prior business dealings with them. he has had them make custom molds for products before and had GREAT SUCCESS, lol, doing some group buys on the forums.

then i was thinking about doing some stuff for the contours too. what about if we had a custom made front contour bumper made?? the stock bumper with a Mirko, MOLDED IN?? ONE PIECE?! and not just out of crappy fiberglass that breaks easily but using Extreme Dimensions new flexible plastic/fiberglass material they have
http://www.extremedimensions.com/duraflex_scc.asp

i have a Mirko and csvt bumper and take the parts there to have a custom mold made. if i pay for the mold entirely, than i get the exclusive rights to it (NO other dealers). if we can get enough people together to order one, we could get this done at a price that is great for everyone! i wouldnt be looking to do this for a profit. there just isnt a big enough contour market. id be happy to get a free bumper out of it and maybe a 2nd one to donate for SZ.

would anyone be interested in this?? :shrug: i dont know how much it would cost at the moment but i DO know that the Mirko alone is damn expensive and is about as durable as a Frito Lay potato chip. :blackeye:

any other parts anyone would be interested in? maybe an exact replica of a pre98 trunk? (integrated spoiler) made out of cf.. i know Todd tried to get something going with this before with Carbonfx but it kind of died out. i know that Extreme can take two pieces and made one out of the two. this is what my vette rep plans to do. take a custom bumper and spoiler (or something like that) and make a 1 piece out of them, for about HALF the price of what they sell for seperately.

anywho, just throwing it out there. what are your guys' thoughts?

That does sound pretty cool. I think whether people would be in or not is going to depend on price.

I may be interested in the CF pre-98 trunklid/spoiler if the price is right...

hmm reproductions of the side skirts would be killer. since everyone seems to lose them.

i think alittle more aggressive front fascia would be good. just enhancing the original front bumper.

maybe a lip kit or regular tours?

I'd be interested. My bumper is getting pretty chewed up. Would there be consideration for having the attachment points for the metal braces on either ends of the bumper like what's on my E0?
Karl

Count me in for some parts. Maybe not a molded Mirko, because I kinda like the ability to take it off if I need to, but other parts would be great

hmm reproductions of the side skirts would be killer. since everyone seems to lose them.

i think alittle more aggressive front fascia would be good. just enhancing the original front bumper.

maybe a lip kit or regular tours?

i was thinking about the side skirts as well but i just didnt know how much of a market there was for it. perhaps if we made an entire svt body kit... front/rear bumpers and side skirts... besides on here, that would probably sell pretty well on ebay.

i dont know about creating stuff from scratch. id have to see what the deal is with that. then someone would have to design it and it would have to please everyone (not literally of course). a "lip kit"? maybe a smaller version of the Mirko? separate pieces would be cool of course but would cost more money to have made, and to buy.

what about a rear splitter for the rear bumper? like the Ford GT has? or like the GT500s?

Would there be consideration for having the attachment points for the metal braces on either ends of the bumper like what's on my E0?
Karl

im not familiar with what your talking about. can you explain a little more?

im not familiar with what your talking about. can you explain a little more?

Although this image is for a pre98, he means #4 on it, SVT's also have them, though I'm not sure about all years. They attach to the holes on the bottom ends of the bumper, closer to the wheel wells.

JM95005.gif

though you would have to ok the design with Mirko or make up a different type of splitter.

copyright stuff ya know?

no since the whole svt kit is discontinued it shouldnt be a problem.

just be careful investing in the mold...i'm sure a lot of people are interested but who knows how many will actually cough up the cash when the time comes.

though you would have to ok the design with Mirko or make up a different type of splitter.

copyright stuff ya know?

no since the whole svt kit is discontinued it shouldnt be a problem.

not necessarily. ive already asked slightly about this. this company frequently copies others designs. theyve pretty much got that part figured out. AND the fact that besides the actual manufacturers, no aftermarket company really has the coin to copyright and/or patent their designs. even our wheels arent copyrighted. that's why so many companies produce wheels that look similar.

and besides and copyrights or anything, the Mirko is just a splitter that adds onto the bumper. this would be a change in the design as it would be a 1 piece unit.

if people have any ideas for parts that should be produced, lets hear them. i may have access to the funds id need to get something like this going..

what about that rear window visor thingy that some people have. i think its from the UK or Aussie or something? that would be an easy one to do, i would just need a sample of the item.

what about a vortex generator type piece like the evos have? although according to Rara's post a week or so ago, it actually could hurt performance :troutslap: eh, perhaps that would be a little tooo ricer since no one would be doing any real scientific testing on it. it would be a looks thing really.

i would be in for the aussie sun shade for sure, and a front bumper.
could make hoods,deck lids,skirts,and change the sotck design somehow to make/give more options for the car

i would be in for the aussie sun shade for sure, and a front bumper.
could make hoods,deck lids,skirts,and change the sotck design somehow to make/give more options for the car

id definitely want a rear aussie sun shade. we'd just need one to have a mold made. i know hardly ANYONE has one of these. the part would need to be donated and would probably be ruined in the process of having the mold made. but the donator would at least get a free new one and would be a "hero" to contour owners everywhere :D

Back