• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Input needed

07foST

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Just a forewarning this might be somewhat wordy, I’ll include pictures of the vehicle.

First off
I worked at a auto paint and body shop roughly a year ago, only worked there for a couple months because it was hard work and little pay.
the owners of the shop have a 98.5 CSVT that was abandoned and never paid for by the owner that dropped it off for a paint job. They have since put a mechanics lien on the vehicle and it is now legally “theirs”
before I quit last year I was inquiring about buying it, the owner said he will sell it for what the shop bill is ($1000 give or take for the clear coat paint job) he also let me tinker around with it, oh and I’ve also been the last one to drive it in about 4 years. Anyhow I ended up throwing a battery in it and dropping it off with my local mechanic to look it over, picked it back up and it needs rear rotors, plugs, oil change, and some signal lights, very basic maintenance essentially. It is 100% stock and was previously a Florida/North Carolina car and for its age there is also little rust.
Flash forward to a couple days ago, I now work at a Dealership and had to drop a vehicle off there to get an appraisal for some body work, I got to talking with the owner relative to the SVT and turns out it’s still there and still “available” and it’s sitting exactly where I parked it a year ago. Now I’m not going to purchase this car unless the titling mess is sorted out but In the event it all does, would this vehicle be worth it? I plan on driving it for a little while but eventually reselling it (hell maybe I’ll just sell my 07 focus ST instead if I like this more) I’ve had a hard time finding what these cars sell for since there were only 11K made 20+ years ago, any tips suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated! and lastly I’m already familiar with the 2.5 duratec and how much of a PITA it can be as I owned a 3.0 Mazda 6 that one however is arguably even more of a pain.

Welcome dude, I’m actually in VA rn visiting family and vacationing, great state! If you don’t pick it up, I’d be interested, but I highly encourage you to do it for that price if title is cleared. They are fun cars to work on imo, and even tho I’ve been through a few other vehicles through out the years, I still have my 98.5 I bought in 2011 going. It’s not my daily anymore, but still a blast. Good luck!

Back