• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best vendor to do a complete restoration?

SetiRich

New CEG'er
if I were to commission a complete restoration, with maybe, an enhanced drive train & suspension upgrade, plus the required body / interior work...where would I go?

I can drive it to anywhere in the USA. I'm guessing only the lower 48 would have shops that would qualify... I might consider having the work done, and then putting it away for a decade or two...and thinking it might be a very cool car for a trip or three up & down the Woodward Cruise ... if they still allow internal combustion engines then.

So, where is the best place to get a Contour restoration done...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably any good car restoration shop could perform a resto and performance enhancement on a Contour, provided you can get the parts, and you have a bank account with enough ammo to make it happen.

If I were you, I'd look for some place close to home, you don't want to be supervising a restoration from halfway across the country. Projects like this tend to get pushed into a back corner of the shop and not touched for 6 months, and most shops will only do labor on the car when you're contemporaneously paying your labor invoices. If you run out of $, your car goes to the shop's back, dark corner, and if you really run out of money, your pet project goes outside.

Before you start, the one thing you do need to ask your self is... Is a Contour worth this sort of investment?

Back