• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mystique 2.0 header

96MystiqueGS2.0

New CEG'er
I heard here on the forum that a header from a zetec cougar will fit on my 96 mystique but that it would need to be modified to fit and was wondering in what ways would that have to be done?:confused:

I so hear you!!! Should be a good huge improvement in power, sound and just plan fun!!! Helped my son put a header in his '85 Celica GT this past weekend. He already had a nice exhaust in place (2.5") but the improvement was drastic. Keep us posted.

There is an entire thread on the fitting of this zetec cougar header on our 'tours. I will dig it up and post here. It is well written and even has decent pics. There was at least one mod - had to do with a bracket. I seem to recall the header itself was straight forward bolt on (within my abilities) but the exhaust would need to be modifed or better yet, custom. This is beyond my capabilities, as I don't do pipe bending or welding. Just speaking for myself.

the only mod he was talking about was one that was stated in the thread he posted earlier. the contour and cougar installs are the same.

Back