• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Throttle body question

JOERUSSIA

CEG'er
Hey guys I have a 1998 contour zetec a/t I was wondering if anybody put ITB on there engine and if it is difficult to install? Also if I do install it how much modding do I have to do?

I really want to do a independent throttle body set up but I don't know where to start. I am a big DIY guy so lemme know how much work it is and where to start looking for the TB's. Plus if anybody has done it let me know about it.

there have been a few guys who built a Locost with a Zetec that has done it. I would check out Locostusa.com and find some info on what TBs to use. in fact im pretty sure I have posted a link to a thread on the Locost forums regarding DIY ITBs on a Zetec.

unfortunately I dont have the link bookmarked to post it again. you can try searching the forums with posts by me regarding ITBs. If you cant find it that way I will look tonight after work as well.

Hey striker2 I have tried to look through your thread posts and I didnt find anything about the ITB thread that you did. If you have a chance would you be able to check for me? Much appreciated.

Back