• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zetec CAI

dpmeeks

CEG'er
I was at my local Junk yard and found this intake tube on a ZX2. I decided to swipe it and make it work on my contour as a CAI. Is this a stock intake tube for a ZX2 ? anyways.. i just gotta get a filter to fit on the MAF and im done..

IMAG0044.jpg

where did you put the breather tube for the valve cover? you gotta make sure it isn't between the MAF and the throttle plate. I did this and the car acted a little funny driving down the road. And not bad for a yard intake, how much was it?

where did you put the breather tube for the valve cover? you gotta make sure it isn't between the MAF and the throttle plate. I did this and the car acted a little funny driving down the road. And not bad for a yard intake, how much was it?

Question for you. For the life of me, I've been trying to figure out what I'm suppose to do with the breather tube for the valve cover. As you indicated, I put the tube between the MAF and the trottle plate and I kept getting CELs with misfires from cylinder 4. So I took it off completely and although it helped some, once in a while I would still get the CELs with misfires from cylinder 4. Have you gotten this before? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

I didn't get misfire CEL's all there was was a slight bucking at ~70mph with slight throttle, all i did was use part of old tube(the 90* bend coming off the valve cover) and one of those small air filters you can get at the parts store. Haven't had a problem yet with this system. You can also route it just infront of the MAF if you didn't put the filter right on the sensor. If you want pics of my setup I can get some tomorrow.

Heres the finished product.. the tube cost me like 5 bucks at pull-a-part. Yeah i was having the same issue with the bucking at about 60mph so im hopeing with the crankcase filter that should fix it. I routed my crankcase filter lower since the fumes... if you look at the first pic, left side of the battery, under the CAI tube you can see a lil shiney looking thing, thats my breather filter.

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

i had to use the smaller filter due to the CAI tube being so long it forces it close to the fender. Yeah, im gonna build a box to go around it.

I never had a problem with having the breather between the MAF and the TB. Ran mine that way for just about 100K miles.

doesnt that breather go to the stock accordian tube between the maf and tb to begin with? I cant remember since it's been 3 years since i had the stock intake on the Mystique.

Back