Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 65mm throttlebody from a mustang work with my 97 contour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 65mm throttlebody from a mustang work with my 97 contour?

Was working on my buddys 96 mustang gt and he picked up a 70mm for his car and gave me his stock 65mm TB, will that fit and work with my contour? Thanks

i dont think it will, at least not with out some work. however if it does, even with minimal work, that would be a cheap way to get a bigger TB
    TZT Performance http://www.tztperformance.com/
    officially a troll. '93 3000GT VR4 #2229/2595

'00 Black SVTC - sold 5/1/10
    '97 GL Turbo Zetec - gone

Comment

I was going to try it, it lines up and everything but I forgot YOU CANT GET THOSE 2 SCREWS OFF off that black peice I cant think of the name off hand but its on the right side of the TB. I remember when we did his and my mustang I got so pissed we just put it in the vice and broke it off and had to order a new one and it sucked. I tryed getting the contours off and yea no matter what I spray on those two screws they WILL NOT turn and they are close to getting rounded out so screw that idea.

Comment

the throttle position sensor?

those screws are a PITA
        TZT Performance http://www.tztperformance.com/
        officially a troll. '93 3000GT VR4 #2229/2595

'00 Black SVTC - sold 5/1/10
        '97 GL Turbo Zetec - gone

Comment

Yea thats it I couldnt think it, yea they are dead to me theres no way to get them off for me atleast

Comment

65mm T/B on a 2.0L?? That T/B is well suited for a full bolt-on 3.0L. I think even Hector only went up to an SVT T/B on his S/C Zetec.

Mark
            2004 Mazda 6

Comment

Drill the screws out, then replace them with some that are easier to remove.
              See, you think I give a . Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking, "How can I give less of a ?" That's why I look interested.
              I know there's a god, because every once in a while someone whispers in my ear, "You're my favorite!"

Comment

[quote=Y2KSVT;56163]65mm T/B on a 2.0L?? That T/B is well suited for a full bolt-on 3.0L. I think even Hector only went up to an SVT T/B on his S/C Zetec.

Well yea but I have a 65mm TB just laying around in my garage being used as a paper weight.

Comment

Originally posted by IRingTwyce View Post
                  Drill the screws out, then replace them with some that are easier to remove.
                  They are a PITA, but they will come off. I have removed the screws off 2 different TBs and all it takes is a screwdriver blade that sits deep enough in the screw to hold up to the effort needed without slipping out.
                  -Ken V.
                  1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX
                  Roush springs - Roush sway bar - Bat struts - subframe connectors-Poly here and there - front and rear strut bars - Milli Miglia HT3 17" - SVT bumpers - SE skirts - Striker endlinks - Stazi mesh

Comment

Well the 10 different phillip head bits I have wont work.

Comment

I don't know from experience but have you tried an impact driver. A screw remover you tap with a hammer.

Comment

I went with a Focus Central 65mm TB for my supercharged Zetec.

Can't see it that good.

Fit good with the supercharger but the Focus linkage didn't work with the Tour. Not to mention I couldn't get a TPS that worked with it properly.
                        2008 Mazdaspeed3 Sport "The Angry Goose"
                        1979 Mazda Rx7
                        2000 SUPERCHARGED Ford Contour Zetec- sold 10/20/05

Comment

Originally posted by 97_2.0 View Post
                          Well yea but I have a 65mm TB just laying around in my garage being used as a paper weight.
                          Sell it on ebay. My girlfriend left a pair of panties at my house, doesn't mean I feel the need to wear them.

Mark
                          2004 Mazda 6

Comment

Originally posted by Y2KSVT View Post
                            Sell it on ebay. My girlfriend left a pair of panties at my house, doesn't mean I feel the need to wear them.

Mark
                            'Need' does not equate to "want.' Now go take them off, wash them, and give them back to her! :D
                            See, you think I give a . Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking, "How can I give less of a ?" That's why I look interested.
                            I know there's a god, because every once in a while someone whispers in my ear, "You're my favorite!"

Comment

Originally posted by IRingTwyce View Post
                              'Need' does not equate to "want.' Now go take them off, wash them, and give them back to her! :D
                              or send them to me :D

Comment

Working...
                              X