No announcement yet.

Idea from insanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that and from what i know the 3.0l is junk (had one in a 93 t brid)

Comment

Originally posted by foamerdave View Post
      that and from what i know the 3.0l is junk (had one in a 93 t brid)
      you obviously don't know.
      '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

where can you get the eaton? what other things can you do to this engine, im new to contours but i have a 5.0 mustang thats built, anyone make a crazy turbo setup? i see these honda guys making 500hp with a 2.0 and turbos, anyone ever see a zetech like that?
        98 svt, 179XXX,all stock and origional down to the clutch
        90 mustang, built 347, 12.6 @ 110 on street tires with a passenger
        93 jeep grand cherokee, 7 inches with iron rock long arms, 33's
        master certified Mercedes Benz tech,

Comment

Originally posted by lx2gt View Post
          where can you get the eaton? what other things can you do to this engine, im new to contours but i have a 5.0 mustang thats built, anyone make a crazy turbo setup? i see these honda guys making 500hp with a 2.0 and turbos, anyone ever see a zetech like that?
          There is a Zetec used in a drag car that I've seen, not sure the power output though. I'm sure some focus Zetecs have seen the 500hp marks before with built engines, haven't heard of any yet.
          1995 Contour GL, Zetec, ATX, 118k - Sold
          2012 Mitsubishi Lancer GT, 2.4L, CVT and it begins again.

Comment

i think it would be cool, i bought my contour for my girlfriend just for her to drive but i find myself driving it rather than my mustang because my car is kinda crazy, it has a fully build 347 with 400hp, so when i run around town on weekends i drive the contuor, anyway what im saying is i need to build it if im going to drive it, cant leave it stoc[/IMG]k!

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

The blower that Hector used was the normal Ford Focus Jackson racing supercharger. It uses an Eaton M45 blower good for about 225HP.

The blower that I'm using is meant for a Ford SVT Focus. It uses an Eaton M62 blower good for 350HP.

Because the kit isn't really usable "out of the box", it's best to find one used on the focus forums. I bought mine from someone on the Focaljet forum. I paid $1300 where if I would have bought a whole Focus SVT JRSC kit, it would have been about $3100.

Either one is almost a direct bolt on for a 98+ Zetec Contour. You just need bigger injectors, a Mustang MAF, and some form of tuning.

If I had a 98+ Contour, this blower would be on already. I've got to screw with making a bunch of parts. That's part of the challenge. :)

HTH,
                BP
                Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM.
                --'96 GL * MTX Zetec-- SOLD! 3-12-2011
                --- '06 Mazda 6s * 3L Duratec * 6-speed ATX * Lapis Blue ---
                FOR SALE >> T3 Super 60 Turbo - Coated Focus Manifold - 42# FRPP Injectors - Focus CFM Throttle Body << FOR SALE (PM me)

Comment

Working...
                X