• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CD4E trans fluid change? How many quarts...

tonyankyfan1

CEG'er
Hi All,

Got a 98 MERC mystique w zetec and CD4E auto trans. I want to do a trans fluid change, How many quarts should this trans take?

Thanks Anthony

Mobil 1 Synth ATF

Use a 4 qt measuring cup to see how much fluid you get out. Your only going to get about 4 qts out. You'll have to do a drain and fill 3 times.

Mobil 1 Synth ATF

Use a 4 qt measuring cup to see how much fluid you get out. Your only going to get about 4 qts out. You'll have to do a drain and fill 3 times.

Awesome thanks Rich!!! My problem is, i don't know if the owner before me changed the original fluid out and went MERCON V synthetic or put the original stuff back in. I don't wanna mix fluids... I am not sure what to do?!?!?

Mercon V is the replacement for what went in before and Mercon. Ford quit making regular Mercon and now specifies V to go in in place of it. There is no pan to remove as there is not a bottom one, only on the side and leave that one alone. There is a plug toward the rear of the lower case that unscrews to drain the trans, a 3/8 rachet extension conveniently fits in it.

The two fluids mix freely.

Back