• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2nd best "Go to" Trans builder??

FrancisPennysac

Veteran CEG'er
Well the time has come for me, I must rebuild the trans, bad 2/3rd gear grinds and oh yeah! a diff the locks and unlocks whenever it wants even in neutral.

So with the MASTER Guru gone (r.i.p. Mr Haines) Does anyone know of anyone else that comes CLOSE to what he did with the trans??
I'll be honest I was in talks with his shop for rebuilding my trans but he passed away before I had the chance to get it done.. :( I was set on having HMS do it but now I can't obviously..

I want it rebuild the CORRECT way the FIRST time... I have the money, that doesn't bother me, but most shops I talk too aren't "Familiar" with the MTX-75. that doesn't give me a whole lot of faith the have them install a 700$ diff and rebuild then damn thing... So I am on the hunt for a GOOD shop that imitates what Terry's Shop had done with these trans..

Anyone point me in the right direction??? I am in Pennsylvania if that helps.. I CANNOT do the work myself to remove engine n such.. My kidneys are failing me and I have tubes keeping me alive literally, so I can't be ripping crap apart anymore like I used to :(

To give an idea, a local shop quoted me about 3,000$ to just install the headers/ypipe/diff.... rebuilding the trans would probably tac on another 1,000$

I'd wager there are a lot more Focus owners doing MTX-75 upgrades than CDW-27 owners. If I was looking for a good referral, I'd start on a Focus forum.

TH wasn't nothing special. A reputable trans shop can take care of these transmissions.

If you got money send it to Liberty in Michigan.

Thanks for the Info, I more or less only want to have this done once atleast for the next 100,000k or so.

So if anyone knows a good trans shop in Pennsylvania, please let me know!

Late to the game on this but I'm still going to put it out there: http://www.wernertransmission.com/
He's in Bangor, PA. He installed the Quaife diff in my SF and he also did trans work on another CEG'ers SVT. Both time, perfection. That's all he does and he's done it for a long time.

Wow, thanks Luca so much! even better they are in PA!! If ya don't mind me asking did you have the trans out or have them pull it?? thanks.. I have a ton of other goodies waiting to go on since its out, I want trans rebuild..diff installd, headers,blah blah.. u know the score..

Any input on that would be great even better would be an idea of what ya paid for said work (pm of course) thanks again

Back