• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tuning with HPTuners

BlueSupreme

CEG'er
Ok, so I bought an MPVI2 from HPTuners to see if they can add support for the Contours. Big surprise they currently can't but the person from the support team I've been talking to said that he sent the information I gave off to their engineers so that may become something. Here's my dilemma, I don't want to send back my unit as I like their software but it is an expensive product that I have no use for otherwise and am looking for other options.

One option I did think of was this. HPTuners supports Ford Taurus with the Duratec V6 from 2004 and I know that from the 3L Registry that members have done 2004 3L swaps into their cars. The question I have is with the ECU from the Ford Taurus, could I theoretically swap in a 2004 Taurus ECU and what problems would I run into?

I have a 1997 Ford Contour Sport 2.5L V6 MTX.

Wiring is different on almost all the ECU's. The physical connector is the same.

Ok yeah, I finally found a wiring diagram and noticed that. What about those 3L swaps? I noticed some of them have coil packs which means that it is not the stock contour harness. So can they just plug and play the Taurus harness into the contour or did they have to rewire the connector that goes into the interior of the car?

If you're modding in stages and think you're going to have your car tuned more than once, then definitely get HP Tuners. It can pay for itself even quicker if you have friends with supported vehicles. If you are in search for a performance tuner I will recommend you check out 4wheelonline.

Back