• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fi questions

bramily

CEG'er
****NECRO UPDATE****

My motor clubs sponsor has looked over the AWD>1WD thread and has decided to take on the AWD conversion next summer. gonna cost me about 3-4k total but he is fully capable of the project :D

****END****

i have been pouring over the internet now for the last 3 hours straight and I have a few final questions.

First, btw for some reason I cant access NPG website, i get a loop error or something.

I am looking to set up boost on my csvt. It is a full 3L swap. I need to make 400whp. Im planning on doing the jaguar AWD conversion next summer and I want to get it boosted first.

A) I cant seem to find a "garrett t3/t4" for sale, ive seen t3/t04e but is that the right one? Everything I seem to find is on ebay and im weary of ebay knockoffs. Anyone have a part number or direct link to the actual turbo to buy?

B) Same issue with injectors. I saw someone else say they had Bosch 42# injectors and provided a part number that pulls up nothing on the bosch website. Exactly what brand of injectors do i need? part # or direct link please?

C) MAF. I hear I should get the lightning MAF but there seems to be some debate on whether to get the 80mm or the 90mm. Where do I buy this part and which one is best?

D) how many pounds of boost do I need to hit 400whp? approx? My elevation is 3,209 ft above sea level. I see ppl saying what hp I can hit w/ various parts, and I see ppl saying they run 8-10 psi, but i have yet to see anyone say "For this WHP you should run about this PSI". My end goal here is 400whp

E) I read that I should buy "700 CFM Water/air spearco intercooler" but google searches get me no shops to buy from that. Where do I buy that item?

My biggest issue is that i cant find a place to buy any of these items... its extremely frustrating because Im not a mechanic... Im in IT, and finding parts online is more complicated then anything ive ever done on the internet in my life.

My biggest issue is ... its extremely frustrating because Im not a mechanic... Im in IT,

My genuine heartfelt advice is go to the classifieds and buy a car from someone who has completed the turbo conversion ..... it would be cheaper and a great deal less painful.

AWD 400whp turbo conversion !!!

You're shooting for a very high bar..... G.

LOL i just did that in order to get my 3.0... now I have 2 SVTs and im rather fond of my new one. I dont have a large lump sum to drop on a third. I do however make enough that I can drop $1000 a month into parts. My issue is finding where to buy the parts :(

LOL i just did that in order to get my 3.0... now I have 2 SVTs and im rather fond of my new one. I dont have a large lump sum to drop on a third. I do however make enough that I can drop $1000 a month into parts. My issue is finding where to buy the parts :(
you can't just bolt a 400whp turbo to a stock 3.0L motor .... it must be purpose built from the ground up.

The AWD has never been completed .... interested to see your build thread

Check the 3.0L section .... the turbo builds are full of links and parts suppliers ...G.

Honestly. If you're asking how much PSI to run in order to achieve a certain power goal, then your AWD turbo build is a bit out of your league right now in terms of how much time, money, and resources it will take.

@gormen i just spent 2 hours searching the forums and have turned up nothing.

@rexdoggy You're right, I dont build cars, i build computers. I do however have money to pay people who can install these things. please forgive me for trying to educate myself on the subject.

Over the last several hours I have been reading dozens of posts on the subject and all i have seen on these forums is ppl telling other ppl to not do stuff because its out of their league.

I have found very little information and a whole •••• ton of excuses why people shouldnt bother with anything. It's disgusting. Down the road I intend to buy the jag parts and have a local shop try for the AWD conversion, Is that a terrible thing? Ive attempted to get ahold of goumba who was doing the AWD conversion before his accident. Whether I get to do it will depend heavily on whether I can get in touch with him. get over it please.

I think you made your point though. In the future I will take my car to local mechanics instead of trying to get answers on this forum.

no one is having a go at you ...... all the work is custom and involves many hours of fabrication ..G.

no one is having a go at you ...... all the work is custiom and involves many hours of fabrication ..G.

My questions were pretty simple and unrelated to the answeres I got back. Where is a good place to buy parts?

I am capable of comprehending the scope of what I want to achieve. I dont however know anything about brands. I search for MAF adapters and find nothing but ebay listings, and forum posts warning against ebay listings. The question is still the same... where do I buy a MAF adapter so I dont get ripped off?

.... interested to see your build thread

I dont have a build thread. The gentleman that sold me the 2nd svt was a frequent poster here and his mods are listed. So far all ive done with it since I got it is: put it in the shop for a stage 3 clutchnet clutch
installed a lighted visor mirror replacing the non lighted one

Im currently waiting on some voltage regulators I ordered from ebay. I am building custom tail lights w/ a grid of 60 LEDS each side. (that project is well within my league)
And im swapping the exhausts between my 2 SVTs in a couple weeks. My new 3.0 has 2.5" straight pipes run, and my 2.5 has some unknown aftermarket exhaust from the previous owner. I like the 2.5's exhaust better then the straight pipes, it sounds like a borla system but im not sure because i didnt install it.

Next item on the list after that is im having a local shop here move the battery and distribution box to the spare tire well. after that im having a sound system shop install keyless entry/remote start/alarm system.

After that im doing intake and starting the turbo kit

Then here is where I decide if im going to go through w/ the AWD conversion. If not: im going to have my FDR raised. Then a lightened flywheel, quaife LSD, dyno tune and done.

any more questions?

when you say MAF adaptor, do you mean an aluminium filter adaptor (for the 80/90mm MAF) .... coz they are fairly low tech and an ebay one will work the same as one from a fancy accessory place.

Pretty sure you will need a 90mm MAF read CSVT #49s build thread.. your power goals are similar.

NPG has server issues i've read ...others have tried to contact them with no luck too.

No mention of pistons... low compression forged will be needed and con rods .... is your motor built or stock ?

Pretty sure the 42lb injectors from a Lightning are what is required. (CSVT#49 thread again)

It's good that you have the money to properly fund your build, because to pay a garage to do the work for you is going to be expensive. .. a 400whp turbo system will need modifications to nearly every system under the hood.

I've heard a ballpark figure of 1psi of boost per 10bhp.... 200bhp stock so to add 200 and 17% transmission losses (235) equals in excess of 22psi of boost.

I'm sure if you go back to the 3L and FI sections and read some of the build threads, you will see where guys got their parts from..... they are very good at helping others follow in their footsteps.

The classifieds are another good place to look for parts... this is where fully understanding what is required to build a setup comes into its own.

I don't think there is one place to get everything you need ... it is a bit of a game rounding up all the parts. Most guys plan well in advance and start collecting parts long before starting the build itself ... me included ....G.

This one will give you insight on the AWD aspect.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?41529-Awd-gt-1wd

Not really, the NECO thread contains far more actual information. Ive already copied the pictures and transcribed everything goumba said about the build and the relevant feedback he got from others. With that info, all I need is A) A built rear subframe or B) actual specs on the subframe. If I can get either of those 2 things from goumba then Im confident any good mechanic can complete the project, and I will move forward w/ the AWD conversion. All i need is just 1 of those 2 things and im good go go.

I dont want to lose my A/C though, im thinking there has to be some way to get the alternator in without sacrificing the A/C. But yea... Im pretty well versed on what the AWD conversion requires. I know what I need and approx what it will cost. That rear subframe is the missing piece to the puzzle.

when you say MAF adaptor, do you mean an aluminium filter adaptor (for the 80/90mm MAF) .... coz they are fairly low tech and an ebay one will work the same as one from a fancy accessory place.

Pretty sure you will need a 90mm MAF read CSVT #49s build thread.. your power goals are similar.

NPG has server issues i've read ...others have tried to contact them with no luck too.

No mention of pistons... low compression forged will be needed and con rods .... is your motor built or stock ?

Pretty sure the 42lb injectors from a Lightning are what is required. (CSVT#49 thread again)

It's good that you have the money to properly fund your build, because to pay a garage to do the work for you is going to be expensive. .. a 400whp turbo system will need modifications to nearly every system under the hood.

I've heard a ballpark figure of 1psi of boost per 10bhp.... 200bhp stock so to add 200 and 17% transmission losses (235) equals in excess of 22psi of boost.

I'm sure if you go back to the 3L and FI sections and read some of the build threads, you will see where guys got their parts from..... they are very good at helping others follow in their footsteps.

The classifieds are another good place to look for parts... this is where fully understanding what is required to build a setup comes into its own.

I don't think there is one place to get everything you need ... it is a bit of a game rounding up all the parts. Most guys plan well in advance and start collecting parts long before starting the build itself ... me included ....G.

Yea NPG has been down for about a week. Infinite loop detected in JError.

TY for the link to 49's build. I actually have a large number of the upgrades he has already done. As far as I know the only things I need for my engine internals before moving forward w/ turbo is forged pistons, rods and a compression test to double check.

I was planning on running 16psi. Im aweful curious about his MTX final drive. I REALLY need to do that. And the mondeo trip computer is all kinds of cool, ill probably need to get in on one of those.

Im srsly irritated about the NPG thing. I wanted to order the pillar gauge mount and I need the cable for my MSDS headers, my check engine light came on and went away and im pretty sure it was because i dont have the patch cable on my full 3l swap.

Im aweful curious about his MTX final drive. I REALLY need to do that. .

Terry Haines does the transmission upgrades ... unless you know how to strip a transmission and mix and match internals from two different boxes.

And the mondeo trip computer is all kinds of cool, ill probably need to get in on one of those. .
there are several threads on this ... i think there is a 'how to' also.

I need the cable for my MSDS headers, my check engine light came on and went away and im pretty sure it was because i dont have the patch cable on my full 3l swap.
are you talking about MIL illiminators ? search MIL illiminators... loads of threads where that is discussed ....G.

Terry Haines does the transmission upgrades ... unless you know how to strip a transmission and mix and match internals from two different boxes.
Yea i have a local shop with a lot of experience with the Mtx75 Ive already talked to. I was planning on giving him the number to Haines motorsports if he had any questions while doing mine.
there are several threads on this ... i think there is a 'how to' also.
Thanks ill look that up.
are you talking about MIL illiminators ? search MIL illiminators... loads of threads where that is discussed ....G.
Yea, thats how I discovered that NPG was down. I was going to the site a week ago to buy the MIL cable.

heres a link to the gauge pods other than npg.......http://www.gaugepods.com/ford.html did u get that code checked to see if its actually a mil eliminator that u need?

was gonna but it disappeared before I got my car back from the guy doing my clutch install. A member of my motor club has a code reader I was gonna take it to him.

I bought the car out of state and drove it 1600 miles home. No issues what-so-ever all the way home (except for the slipping clutch of course)

I came home and ordered the clutchnet stage 3 clutch kit, and while i was waiting for it to arrive in the mail I moved the car to the place where the clutch was getting put in. It was the day that I moved it that the CEL came on and at the same time 1 of my fog lights stopped working also.

Wednesday I went by and dropped off the clutch that finally arrived 2 months later and also checked to see if a HUD unit i bought worked. When I started the car the CEL was gone and the foglight was working no problem again. Was pretty odd. I get the car back thursday so ill probably still have my friend check to see if his scanner picks up anything anyways.

Back