• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech Coupler Info

csvtjohnga

Hard-core CEG'er
Many have asked what I used as a coupler replacement for the Vortech Jackshaft. The unit that came with my Vortech years ago was a GEN2 upgrade I believe. It failed after 3-5 miles. Research led my father and I to this fix.

Mini Ball Coupler / Stainless Steel construction / Set Screw up to 15* of operating angle.

5* = 20000 RPM
6-10* = 10000RPM w/ Torque Reduce of 50%
11-15* = 5000 RPM w/ Torque Reduce of 66%

Backlash - 1-2*

Length - 1 5/8"
Operating Angle - 1 1/16"
HUB Length - 1 1/16"

The company we purchased this coupler from was Stock Drive Products out of New Hyde Park, NY.

Part Number = S58PY5-MJC1632 = 90.00$

We Straight Edge Filed 2 edges on the Vortech Head Unit shaft and on the jackshaft so the set screws could hold onto and not freely spin. This worked perfect with no problems and no under/over travel. One end was set screwed onto the jackshaft and the other on the connector for the Vortech Head Unit. Absolutley zero problems with this unit and no lubrication required.

Now for the jackshaft overlay...We had a custom mount made to fit this coupler with 2 openings to access the set screws. Also, this mount connected the outer jackshaft surround to the Vortech Head Unit and again, zero problems.

I can find some pictures and post them later but I know some people have requested this information and I finally found it. So enjoy and anymore questions feel free to ask I'll do the best I can to help. I have since sold the CSVT and no longer have access to the vehicle. The new owner did say it put down 251HP 207TQ and that is just a stock SVT 2.5L with 3.12" Vortech Pulley, Exhaust, Home Ported TB, cleaned UIM/LIM, and Terry Haines Euro Spec MTX75.

Apparently I deleted some photos... I do have pictures of different angles but these are the best quality pictures I could find.

the gen 2? was the pins right? sounds like you are describing the splined drive? had one of those fail on me. if this was a viable solution i wish i knew about this. would have saved me quite a few bucks.

Back