• Help W Rasp

Installed my exhaust setup last week, and it consists of this:

-Racebits headers
    -Racebits ypipe
    -100 cell race main cat
    -Bosal cat back.
    -All pieces are 304SS
    -All pipes are 2.5"

The bosal appears to have 3 resonators, no mufflers. Or the rear two are extremely small, and free flowing mufflers.

The sound is very high pitched, sounds beyond awesome. Almost sounds like the V8 M3.

THE PROBLEM - The second it hits 3k, the rasp is beyond horrible. Any time you get on it, same thing.

So... What are you guys running, and what are your suggestions? I just wanna get rid of the rasp. Thx!!
    -Milan-

www.mmf-law.net

I literally just had the same problem man. Different set up tho I have msds headers with y pipe. Have the 3rd cat in. Then had resonator removed and boy it was bad. So today put in a magnaflow muffler where the resonator was supposed to go into stock svt mufflers and sounds really nice now no rasp at all!
    2000 SVT Silver Frost / MNB. #222

Comment

It'a been awhile since i've seen the bosal catback muffler sizes... Do you have a picture?

What are the specifics on the converter?
      '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

I had the same problem with a similar set-up where the PO had this tiny "race" cat on the car. Sounded like *ss. I pulled that and installed a high flow full size cat from Trubendz. Problem solved and sounded much nicer and the rasp was gone.

Easy fix...

Comment

MSDS headers
          Trubendz stainess cat delete
          Magnaflow resonator
          Magnaflow XL mufflers
          No rasp

You need to get a real muffler in your system somewhere. Replacing the resonator will help some but not all of it.
          *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
          30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Working...
          X