Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critter119
    replied
    Thanks, The car is a circle track car so the a/c doesn't work anyway and another benefit is o can remove all the a/c stuff to lighten up the car

Leave a comment:

• silverskoundrel
    replied
    Originally posted by gmorrell View Post
    A/C in a small sedan doesn't consume more than 1 or 2 HP, so not really noticeable in the grand scheme of steady-state horsepower things. If you bypass the compressor pulley, you won't notice it cycling on and off, but you won't have A/C either. As a young man, I didn't mind cars without A/C, tho now in my late 50's, I really appreciate it.
    my cars power acts like it cuts in half when I use my AC lol

Leave a comment:

• gmorrell
    replied
    A/C in a small sedan doesn't consume more than 1 or 2 HP, so not really noticeable in the grand scheme of steady-state horsepower things. If you bypass the compressor pulley, you won't notice it cycling on and off, but you won't have A/C either. As a young man, I didn't mind cars without A/C, tho now in my late 50's, I really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• BrApple
    replied
    The AC pulley will spin freely when the AC is not turned on. Most either use a non-AC belt when the AC system has been removed or to bypass it if its not working or frozen up.

Leave a comment:

• Beans
    replied
    Yes

No

Leave a comment:

• Critter119
    started a topic Serpentine belt

Serpentine belt

I thought I saw on here somewhere (now I can't find it for the life of me) that you can put a non a/c serpentine belt on a car with a/c.

Is that correct?

And does it give you more power?
Working...
X