• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 Time

svtavino

CEG'er
Looks like my 2.5 has a rod knocking. Once it warms up it is knocking pretty bad. Drained the oil which had only 500 miles and it looks dirty and has a bit of sheen in it. So I am trying to remember all the stuff for putting in a 3liter. I found a 05-06 escape engine but I see different things saying this engine may have some things that don't work well. I am not porting or switching cams and want to take apart as little as possible on the new engine. Is the 05 06 a good choice? Looks like they have a slightly different set up on the waterpump no idler. Any help from someone that has put in an unmodified 05+ escape engine would be appreciated.

I got a NOS escape engine from 04. It is so nice to look at a clean engine. The only thing I am not sure on what is available at this time is the tuning. I will be keeping it a complete engine and not making any sort of hybrid. Is there still some mail order tunes out there or any good tuners in CT?

Back