Originally posted by mercman:
Was the car always driven on long trips? Or is this something new?

And remember, over octane=carbon=degraded performance.

It always sees alot of highway miles. There's the 40 mile round trip drive to and from work every weekday, then at least maybe 4-5 500 mile round trips downstate a year. There's not much mileage this car has seen that is stop-n-go city driving. But I'm passing cars enough to keep the RPM's always going up and down

I do run a SuperChip that requires a higher octane fuel because it adjusts spark timing. I also thought the higher octane not only makes the car "peppier" but also burns cleaner? no?

Originally posted by tastethefury:
After a few minutes of high-revving, and white smoke coming out the exhaust, the engine ran like new.

Well first the water mist thing just sounds scary. I was under the impression water and engines don't mix But anyway, this sounds just like when you spray some carb cleaner in through the TB when the car is running.... Is de-carbonizing as easy as that?

Shoot, I can spray a few cans of TB cleaner through the TB while its running if that'll help... Remember too though that I've regularly cleaned my intake manifolds (I realize thats not the cylenders) and run a bottle of injector cleaner through the system every 4000 miles or so. Woudlnt' that help prevent carbon buildup?