chknhwk,

I think it is very well timed that you bring this up. After attending this past weekend's SCCA Autocross at FedEx, I shot around an email to my buddies about registering for FATT so that we would be better prepared for next year's Solo II racing.

I'm very excited about the possibility of a group event but am a little unclear as to what you are proposing. Are you trying to set-up a FATT event or something like a CEG Track Day(s)?

I ask because completing FATT instruction gives you the "license" to drive at Summit Point's Open Track days. Since you have already done FATT, I would presume that you would not want to go through the instruction again and are instead simply looking for track time on a road course. However, this presents a challenge for those who have not done a FATT event (such as myself) for we would not be able to participate in open track events at Summit.

Depending on interest, maybe we could arrange an optional two-day event through Summit Point, so that the first day is the FATT course which those who have previously done FATT could forego, and the second day is the open track day.

Whatever the case, realize that FATT requires about a two month preregistration, likely longer for a large group. That said, I would vote to do this anytime between now next March, when the racing season starts-up again.

-DCL