Here's what Cardoc sent to another moderator when quizzed about this group buy.

Quote:

"Here's the deal,

Lets get a few pieces of important information out in the open here and completely clear.

EL Glow is NOT the producer of these gauges. Whomever Brad Noon told that to, he is way off. I never told Brad who they were made by - He never asked. Therefore, we can both sit here and wonder where that came from.

Yes, I did agree to supply Adam Prewitt (aka FCO LuckyTour and CEG 1BadTour) with gauges provided he get the required amount of pre-orders sold and paid to place an order with the manufacturer.

My contact is a business partner in Houston, TX that gets the gauges imported from Taiwan from a major company (I don't need to name them). They are not EL Glow - and aren't even associated with them, however they make about 60% of the gauges on the market. Contacts are very limited due to the company being located in Taiwan.

When Adam originally set the GB up, I told him a max window of 90 days. I really don't think it's prudent for a gauge order of more than 50 to be delayed more than that. He kept emailing/PM'ing me that he had the orders - And was going to send me the money. Well, the money he sent to me (which was for only the gauges that I shipped to him and can assume were the same gauges he shipped out to his customers) bought him the gauges I still had in stock... (Hadn't even ordered them yet from Taiwan because he only sent me payment for 8 or 10 gauge sets).

The GB started in July of 2003, was supposed to be finished in October (the absolute latest). Well, come November he said alot of people had backed out - And that he may have to throw the money in to get it done. I didn't hear anything for another month - Same story. Now it's January 2004.... I wrote him informing him that the GB was off, I'm finished with the stalling. My contact in Houston had closed his business late December which lost me my only contact to the manufacturer. Therefore, it was out of my hands and I suggested that he proceed to issue refunds as there was no chance of getting the gauges to him.

I heard no response from him. I have not nor am I sitting on ANY money from the GB. I have not answered any questions on CEG because it is Adam's responsibility to inform his customers. I kinda figured that this would be the outcome as it is with most venders that sell on CEG (PitStop Brakes just listed in our GB area due to a failed GB attempt on CEG where people signed up and backed out ...). So, goes to the norm for what I expected.

If I can answer anything else, let me know. I wish to stay out of this whole thing, as I was asked to procure these gauges - And the GB never materialized. Therefore, I have nothing to do with this but the fact that he bought 8 or 10 gauge sets off of me for people that have already recieved their gauges.

-Dom"

We saw pictures of the 10 guage only sets that were bought from Cardoc, but none of the bad guages or HVACs that I can recall. Odd.

So Cardoc called off the group buy in January. When was the money sent to the second company? When were the bad guages recieved?

1BADTOUR, why don't you come completely clean with everyone? Stop the lies and half-truths. Tell the full story.