Originally posted by Josch:
Are you broke or something?

Yes. Quite literally

Maybe you should get a better job so you are not so desperate for under $100 bucks!

Now that's just inappropriate. I won't say how much I do make, but I will say its less than you. Take away from that the $5000 I pay for university tuition out of my pocket, plus the bills and support of my family, and suddenly $80 becomes a big deal. You don't know me nor do you have the right to criticize how I make or spend my money.

Come on, he's doing his best it all backfired in his face ok?

No, he's not doing his best. He refuses to cooperate or even update us on a regular basis. A lot of trust was lost a long time ago due to that. I will agree that it backfired in his face, probably due to no fault of his own. Its what happened after that.

He's trying to get your stupid money.

Yes, but by becoming a martyr. To date he has not given us any indication that he has pursued legal action against the person/company responsible for screwing him over, which would hopefully get him the money back to then give back to us. Based on this thread, people offered support and advice on how to proceed, but he has ignored it. I can't speak for others, but personally if Adam had tried and exhausted every possible legal option and still had not gotten the money back, I'd just live with writing off the loss. To the contrary, he has kept hidden the name of the person/company which screwed him over, which has left the members of this group buy with no other option but to look to him to pay us back. I will continue to pursue this issue against Adam as aggresively as I would pursue it against the company, as I have no other choice.

I only make $20k a year and I aint bit*hin about a few bucks. Surely you must know that group buys are a little shadier than buying things in a store, don't you know that?

Yes. However, I don't feel that that precludes me from looking towards all my options for recouping lost funds. I will treat any transaction the same and if I feel I've been wronged then I will work to correct the situation.

This is the risk you must take in order to get uncommon parts for an uncommon car. If you want 100% security in buying speed parts then you need to go buy a Honda grinder and you can order any part you need from all the ads in Import Tuner Magazine. But when you want cars like ours, it can be harder to get parts.

What does that have to do with backing out of a deal?

Just quiet down and be patient and he'll give back your money.

Since you've brought it up, please define how long we should be patient. My check to Adam is dated August 19th, 2003, and was cashed August 26th, 2003. The Federal Trade Commission mandates that if, as a merchant, you do not know when you will be able to ship an order you must give your customer the option to request a full refund. In addition, refunds by cash, check, or money order must be refunded within seven days.

He can't control how the vendor screwed him over.

Yes and no. He couldn't prevent getting screwed over, but he could initiate legal action. Instead, he's talking about taking out a loan. This is really unneeded and unacceptable.

He's just a guy like you and me. He can't just pull the money out of his a$$ and give it to everyone now. At least he's trying to get a loan, eh? Cut him some slack tight wad

No, he can't pull the money out of his, ahem, posterior, but he's had months and months to do this. Its not like we found out about this last week.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures