What else do you have to do to hook up electronic speedo? Do you need the vehicle speed sensor off the newer car, or will the '95 VSS still work? What else was required to wire in the electronic one?

And what year instrument cluster am I shooting to get? '96 on up? Or are there only certain years to get? Could you please tell me all that I may need to know to help me avoid any possible pitfalls that may arise? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own since I am a Master Tech, but maybe you could save me the trouble of having to find out the tough way.

I assume in order to function, the later model electronic speedo needs a 5v ref for power, and a ground along with a VSS signal input, correct? Or was it more complex than that? How did it work with caliberation wise? Did you just wind up using the original VSS off the '95 or did you need to change that with later model as well?

Also, if I got a say, '98 instrument cluster, then could I just take out the actual speedo module and bolt it into my 95 instrument cluster? Or do I have to use the whole instrument cluster from the newer car. (Because I would wonder how the rest of the gauges and indicators would work with the 95 harness.

Anyways, thanks for all your help
Josch

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s