Originally posted by kontour_sev6:
You need to check your facts. Unfortunately, Terri's true condition will not be determined until after her death. Her brain scans show some fluid in her brain, not complete vegetative state. She does not need life support to keep her going. She only needs food and water. Pretty sad that her "husband" can legally starve her to death.

Sorry, my facts are checked rather well, thank you.

In 2000 and 2002 EEGs and CAT scans revealed that Terri Schiavo has no cerebral cortex left. Your cerebral cortex provides all your higher brain functions, including voluntary movement, thought, emotion, pain, everything that makes us who we are as people. Your body can function without one as bodily processes continue just fine (provided someone will feed/hydrate you), as your cortex only provides higher brain functions.

I never said she needed life support, I never said she was in a "complete vegetative state". Her state would actually be described as "persistently vegetative" which cannot be argued legitimately as she quite simply has no cortex left. No doctor has ever been able to describe how someone without a cerebral cortex (a matter that isn't seriously disputed) can actually not be in a persistently vegetative state. This is why her parents have been unable to win any cases.

Now, since you dispute that I don't know the "facts", perhaps you can actually post your own, rather than just claiming that I'm wrong.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX