Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Ooo and water can be colder than 32 degrees. Just keep it moving. If it doesn't sit still (to a point), ice can't form. Or just add salt. I've had water down to below 32 (below 0 celcius) in the chemistry lab. I may have failed that class but I did good in lab. It was fun.

High school chemistry, we did the same thing. By adding alot of rock salt to ice water and agitating it with a glass rod, we were able to get the water temperature down to to 3-1/2 degrees F. Ice stays at the same temp, just like boiling water, once it reaches that 212.5 degree mark, it boils... you can add all the heat you want, and boil it with a plasma cutter for all I care, but it still won't get any hotter. ANd the same goes to ice-- within reason. Blasting a bowl of watter with liquid nitrogen will create a chemical type freezing point.. and make the ice (even its core) much colder, in the negative 100's F.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15