I wish I could tell you I knew the trick. The meets used to attract people who had a passion for cars. Those people have dwindled, especially due to the fact that many have purchased cars they don't need to think about or modify.

I still adore cars and I'm about to get myself back into a performance machine. I take a lot of heat for not showing up, but I work until midnight on Friday through Monday. That leaves very little time for anything else. People are also a lot more spread out or don't check the forums anymore. Of everyone here when I first joined, none remain. The oldest would be the Hightowers, methinks, and I was going to CEG meets months and months before I met them.

But fear not. I'm moving closer to actual civilization in the metroplex and my migration to Denton and the purchase of a performance automobile should aid in my participation... especially if I can quit my job.

I still want to meet you, Kokopaleantology. We'll hook something up in January and everyone else can come if they want. It'd be sweet-ass if the OKC kids could come, even though some don't like it very much in Dallas.

I'm two into a pack of Grolsch. I love Dutch beer.