Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Btw, I'm sorry that I helped kill SC CEG in my three months here.

You know I was just messin' wicha. SC was dying LONG before you got here.

Originally posted by Zum:
If SC could commit to anything, then we would be a good chapter.

It's not that we can't commit to anything, it's that people commit, then don't follow through. I've learned the hard way to be very skeptical when someone say's "I'll be there". Prime example of this was SZ04. We had 5 or 6 people saying "yeah, let's all caravan to Michigan". How many went? 1. Me. I'm not sorry I went, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping, simply because I didn't know anyone there, other than their cars and screen names. This is not a knock against anyone, cuz I understand spit happens, and I've been guilty of "bailing" on stuff myself. It's just a fact of life that SCCEG is not high on people's priority list.

Did ANY of you post up about the River Float?

No, because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it.

Tried to make meets of your own?

Once a month since April, I've made a post about Autocrossing in Stroud. Rich made it to most of them. Cody came to a couple and even the legendary DuratecDave came to one. (I call him legendary 'cause he gave me is old SVT front bumper. Thanks again Dave! ) Nobody from OKC even responded to the posts which kinda surprised me, as Stroud is right about halfway between Tulsa and OKC. I didn't really expect anyone from the other parts of SC to come.

Like I said, I'm not knocking anyone, I understand not being able to get together for meets and stuff. I have a hard time making it out to stuff, 'cuz with a wife and 2 kids, a lot of times my plans are already made for me. . But, I'd love it if our region was like the Michigan, Illinois, etc regions where you can have pretty good sized meets without too much trouble. I wish I had known about this site when SC was in it's heyday (was there a heyday? )

Kokopellian, you live in the part of SC that seems to have the most activity, even though most of them don't have Contours anymore. Try to get a Keller's meet together. I won't be able to make it, but I'm sure some of the DFW folks will.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger