Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Originally posted by Beachboy:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I'm just saying, this chapter has to be the least active bunch on all of CEG, even the Canadians have us beat, Guh! Our chapter is DEAD! And I've only been here 3 months.

Are you referring to the fact that the SC forum isn't as lively as other forums, or that there aren't many group activities in the SC area? As far as getting together for meets, SC is really spread out.....this group covers territory from Houston to St. Louis. That's a lot of distance for many folks to get together. I would also venture the theory that here in the rural midwest, there is less interest in the Contours, as many younger guys (and gals too) are into pickups, SUV's, and muscle cars. Here in Kansas, SVT's are extremely rare, I've only seen one in my life.

I've seen a couple SVT's in S.A., but none in New Braunfels(Plenty of old ladies in 'tours though)

I've only seen one "anonymous" SVT in the Wichita area, that I remember. The other two, I've known the owners. Anyway, there's a T-red one that I see around Derby, but I've no idea who it is. Early SE's are just as rare, if not more so.

Back on topic: Yeah, I'd say we're too spread out. I see a lot of meets and stuff going on down in OK or TX, or maybe even in KC, but it seems like there's only a couple of us here in Wichita. And me, I don't get out much. (Too many kids.)

Hmmm. Maybe we should make plans for next year's big car show in Old Town. Or, maybe we could all drive in the Derby Days parade to give people something to look at besides Corvairs, Camaros, Model Ts, and Shriner jeeps?

Or maybe the two of us could join the Wichita SCCA and go to their meetings, instead?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998