Originally posted by Alan Coles:
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Yuck. Drove an S40 2.4T and thought it was nice enough. But all decked out it looks stupid.
MazdaSpeed 6 looks better. Kerry

Kerry, what you drove would be the old model S40 (2.4T). The new S40 is a significantly different, much improved car, same chassis as the Mazda6 and the European Focus.

I prefer the S40 looks over the Mazda 6 and the Evolve S40 over the MazdaSpeed 6 but hey, it would be a really dull world if everyone like the same thing .

Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
I just noticed...was that thing converted to rear drive? It's got a helluva deep dish set of rear wheels to be front/all wheel drive.

Sav-ZX2, it's AWD. Uses the same Swedish Haldex drive system as other Volvo's, the Audi TT, some VW's, etc.

Regards, Alan

What?

No, I drove a 2005 S40 2.4T, it's the new platform shared with the Mazda3 and European Focus.

I think the V50 is pretty hot. Esp for a wagon. Maybe the prettiest wagon out there (apart from an S4 Avant).

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada