Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#870234 02/17/04 01:13 AM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Come on guys, yaw'll are skeering me!!

I just ordered some blue FMS wires and rear sway bar bushings w/endlinks on the 9th and have not heard anything yet other than an e-mail confirming my order, which I got the next day.

I ordered a set of Rancho RS5000's from www.4wheelparts.com earlier last week and did not get a email confirmation or anything. Even though I saw where the money was taking from the bank, I was still scared as hell. I tried tracking the order on their website and it did not work. keep saying that they could not find any information on my order. I called my wife Friday and asked if she had heard anything adn when she said that she hadn't, I proclaimed that I was going to call as soon as I got home from work. Of course, when I got there, the shocks were there...

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#870235 02/17/04 01:53 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
SPMotorsports is top notch if you ask me. They are just busy.

Agree.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
#870236 02/17/04 03:44 AM
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Marky:
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
SPMotorsports is top notch if you ask me. They are just busy.

Agree.

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
#870237 02/21/04 01:57 AM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
It has now been a week and a half since placing my order and I got an e-mail today stating that my plug wires had been shipped out yesterday.

Just my plug wires? I also ordered the rear poly bushing w/ endlinks! So where are they? The e-mail makes no mention of the bushings. Not even if they were on back order.

I have tried to call two times and my wife has even tried to call one time and we keep getting voice mail.

Well, so far I am pissed!

I was going to order these same items from CTA, but I didn't because of hassle of setting up a pay-pal account. Ya know, having to wait a day or two to verify the test deposits they make into your account.

If I was gonna have to wait 2-4 weeks for delivery, I really would have liked to have been made aware of it before I ordered or in the order confirmation e-mail I got the day after my order was placed.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#870238 02/21/04 09:06 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by gmaranza:
I'm just waiting for magnecor 8.5 wires and front omp strut brace... I've ordered in november.
I have no words.....

I find that extremely hard to believe Mr. only 1 post.

I have done business with SP on several occassions and Joe has been absolutely great.

Yes he is hard to get a hold of at times because he's the only "chief" in a very busy shop. However that's not because he is avoiding people or potential business. He really is just that busy and likes to personally make sure everything gets done right.

DITTO!!

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
#870239 02/21/04 10:26 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by gmaranza:
I'm just waiting for magnecor 8.5 wires and front omp strut brace... I've ordered in november.
I have no words.....

I find that extremely hard to believe Mr. only 1 post.

I have done business with SP on several occassions and Joe has been absolutely great.

Yes he is hard to get a hold of at times because he's the only "chief" in a very busy shop. However that's not because he is avoiding people or potential business. He really is just that busy and likes to personally make sure everything gets done right.

DITTO!!

I think it's ridiculous that someone's CEG post count has anything to do with the validity of their complaint but if it's post count that gives someone's words validity then let me say I'm pretty pissed at Sp right now also. I've done a lot of business in the past with them with great service but lately Joe is impossible to get ahold of and customer service has gone out the window.

I bought a MAF from them back in Jun. Couldn't get my car to run right with it so they said I could send it back for a refund. I sent it to them in Aug and heard nothing for over 2 months. Finally got ahold of Joe and he told me it was sent to the old shop and ratholed so they missed it...no big thing. He was gonna work on my refund. Last time I've heard from him on my refund was in Late nov early dec and I still have no refund and cannot get ahold of him.

I know everyone does business with them and like me in the past had nothing but praise but I call a spade a spade and I refuse to make excuses for pisspoor business practices. Flame away if you want but the bottom line is lately SP has been screwing up...period.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#870240 02/22/04 02:58 PM
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
That first time poster is a member of NECO (Cougar owner) who was alerted to this thread due to his own thread on NECO concerning troubles with SP.

like freakshow said, postcount has nothing to do with validity of his statements.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#870241 02/22/04 08:00 PM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Sure it does. What if the poster came on to the boards just to slag SPM without merit? His claim would have way more credibility if he had hundreds of posts and was well known on the boards, vs the only time he comes on is to slag an overwhelmed retailer? just my .02....don't get your underwear in a not, if you take offense at my comments.

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
#870242 02/23/04 10:06 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Well i gave up with SP which is a pity as they were great in the past,Anna @ BAT will be getting a FAX for my order in the morning!

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
#870243 02/25/04 01:19 AM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I recieved my sway bar bushings w/endlinks this afternoon.

Two weeks after I ordered them, which really isn't that bad. It was the "Not knowing where the hell they were" part and "Not been able to hear from someone!" part that killed me.

If it is just that they are busy, I can understand that. I am currently busy as hell at me job and do find it hard to get in touch with everyone all the time. So, people we call looking for me.

This has been a learning experience for me and well noted. That is not to say that I will never do business with them again, just a lesson learned.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard