Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Ok Were going to try a new thread the old one is too long The only way i can get a steady supply of the 2.5/3.0 Cams is by becoming a dealer for cat cams. SO I need about 10 people to commit to this. If the price is right that is. I have an email through the lines right now asking the price im expecting around 700 for a set of 4. I also have my hooks in some stateside contacts but none of this is gunna matter if there isnt an intrest at the price level you all want to pay. So at what price and how many would be interested.

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Why do you need a steady supply? JRP is eager to get new dealers for Cat cams, but you can buy them on an idividual bases from them (in a set of course)

They did say a group buy is an option to lower the cost, but you don't need to be a dealer to do that. If you take yourself out of the loop and allow a GB w/ JRP, the price will drop right there. I don't think you're trying to pull a fast one....just an idea.

Note:
Your post seems like an interest check for a group buy. Might want to post it in the GB section if that's what you are doing.

previous cat cam thread, I know I saved a link to it

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Well i was speaking strictly with catcams cutting JRP out of it. I was just looking for intrests. Iv talked to 2 of the people who i know deal with catcams and im waiting for a reply on them. Ill be sending in an email to JRP today as well. Asking for prices and dealer information. I was trying to get the distributor spot but they turned me down on it as they have had a working relation with jrp for some time.

Plus I work on numerous other engines Mitzu nissan vw and honda I just want a dealer title for the company so i can benifit as well as you all.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Right on, cut JRP out of it even. I like your thinking!

OK....

The only thing that's bugging me about these cams at this point is the fact that both intake lobes are the same. What's the point of having a primary and secondary port since that's the case? Would keeping the secondaries in place still be an option to try to keep lower end torque with these new cams? OR (and I doubt this) would a gutted LIM help out? My guess is it would be very sluggish in the bottom end that way. I'm trying to fathom a duratec with these cams..... any thoughts?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ouch....retail is 1479 - 1599......unless SOMEONE becomes a dealer and hooks all of us up with a CEG discount

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Swazo:
Ouch....retail is 1479 - 1599......unless SOMEONE becomes a dealer and hooks all of us up with a CEG discount

Thats about what I expected. I thought $700 for all for was a bit low. But it would be nice.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Your secondary always helps you the same amount regaurdless of the cam. Actaully thats not true either... the bigger the cam the more its going to help. The 2 stage intake gives you alot more drivability so you can run huge cams without completely destroying the bottem end of your tach.

The extra 8 degrees of seat duration isnt enough diffrence to really affect things much anyways. 3 ft lbs of torque over 5000 you gain and 3 ft lbs of torque under 3000 you loose i mean no one can actaully feel that diffrence. Its not gunna matter anyways when you switch to a cam with alot more lift. Your going to get more torque everywhere over the svt primary secondary cam because of the extra lift. The bigger the cam the more "vtec" kick youll feel when the secondaries pop open.

Last edited by Travis; 11/23/03 06:56 PM.

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I need a 3000 dollar initial order wholesale price to get a dealer tag by the way. So i need atleast 6 commitments. Im not shelling 3 grand out just to figure out no one wants it. So what do you guys think?

N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
i think im wishing i had $700

i'm going to cross-link the post with Cam info at the cougar forums. there's a few power junkies there

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I'd be interested if I could get a set of four for $700ish.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard