Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
It was a sad day for my Contour today as I watched it fly down my downhill driveway as my friend knocked it out of gear while it was parked. My car turned sideways, ran up my front lawn (a big hill), and smashed into a big wooden post we have. Somehow everything on my car escaped damage except my two passenger-side doors. I haven't had a chance to get a repair quote, but I've heard the cheapest way to go would to just get some door skins and have them painted and everything switched over. Does anyone know a good place to find door skins or used doors? I would like to find a price so my tears will start to go away. I loved that car and it was like seeing my child get run over. Give me any advice as what to do. Thanks and take care.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Fortunately (for you) others have suffered similar damage, with similar questions being raised, info here: replacement door

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I know there is probably a post here somewhere that answers my question, but I still can't find it. So here goes. I think I fould two replacement doors so I may be able to repair my poor car. But, the years aren't the same. I have a 1995 Contour GL and the parts car is a 1998. Will the doors off this newer Contour work? I was thinking it was only compatible with 95,96, and maybe 97. Any advice is welcome. Thanks and take it easy.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard