Next Thread
Print Thread
#722283 08/17/03 01:38 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Ok, I just bought a new h.u. and attempted to install it today. I thought it was going to be easy but of course not, I had a premium stereo system and had to bypass the amp. I bought a kit at best buy that enabled you to connect the input and output wires going to/from the amp together, but only the input connector would connect to the harness...the output connector was not the same size as the other connector on the harness. So...i cut the connector off and guessed what wires went onto the harnesses wires according to the position on the connector I cut off. I'm tryin my best to explain what I tried to do. So i finished and tried it out, I had power but the speakers weren't wired correctly...couldn't hear anything but a low volume noise from the speakers and tons of distortion. so obviously i wired it all wrong. all i need is a chart stating what the colors on the factory speaker wires connect to on my harness. I have the normal colors on the harness...white, white/black, purple, and so on and so on. The wires that are coming from the speakers are green, blue, white and red, white and orange, brown, and so on and so on. Can anyone help me out with matching all of the wires? Thanks everyone and sorry about the long post.

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
#722284 08/17/03 02:25 AM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Kappa2006:
Ok, I just bought a new h.u. and attempted to install it today. I thought it was going to be easy but of course not, I had a premium stereo system and had to bypass the amp. I bought a kit at best buy that enabled you to connect the input and output wires going to/from the amp together, but only the input connector would connect to the harness...the output connector was not the same size as the other connector on the harness. So...i cut the connector off and guessed what wires went onto the harnesses wires according to the position on the connector I cut off. I'm tryin my best to explain what I tried to do. So i finished and tried it out, I had power but the speakers weren't wired correctly...couldn't hear anything but a low volume noise from the speakers and tons of distortion. so obviously i wired it all wrong. all i need is a chart stating what the colors on the factory speaker wires connect to on my harness. I have the normal colors on the harness...white, white/black, purple, and so on and so on. The wires that are coming from the speakers are green, blue, white and red, white and orange, brown, and so on and so on. Can anyone help me out with matching all of the wires? Thanks everyone and sorry about the long post.

Front Speakers

Left Front (+) White/Black
Left Front (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Brown/Yellow

Rear Speakers

Left Rear (+) White/Purple
Left Rear (-) Brown/White
Right Rear (+) White/Purple
Right Rear (-) Brown/White

1998 Contour SVT H&R, Koni's, 17" Team Dynamics DTM Upgraded Stereo System
#722285 08/17/03 12:37 PM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
THose colors do not match the wires in my car. Are you sure about those? These are the wire colors i have...blue/black, green, white/red, purple/white, blue, brown, yellow, and white/orange.

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
#722286 08/17/03 02:18 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Kappa2006:
THose colors do not match the wires in my car. Are you sure about those? These are the wire colors i have...blue/black, green, white/red, purple/white, blue, brown, yellow, and white/orange.

Try this. I looked at your sig and saw that you had a 1998.5 so when I looked up the information, I used 1998 since there wasn't a 1998.5 option. However, it looks like the color combination you are describing applies to the 1999 option. Here you go.

Constant 12V+ Orange/Black
Switched 12V+ Blue/Black
Ground Black/Green
Illumination White/Green

Front Speakers

Left Front (+) White/Black
Left Front (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Brown/Yellow

Rear Speakers

Left Rear (+) White/Purple
Left Rear (-) Brown/White
Right Rear (+) White/Purple
Right Rear (-) Brown/White

If this doesn't help, maybe someone else will post with the correct configuration. This information was taken directly from http://www.the12volt.com.

1998 Contour SVT H&R, Koni's, 17" Team Dynamics DTM Upgraded Stereo System

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard