Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2 guard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hi guys an (gals) i have a simple ??? that i hope someone can answer. Remember when you used to put a baseball card in the spokes of your wheel in your bike?? Thats the sound my car is makeing as i'm driving an i just coast (not mashing the gas peddle) can i pleaze get some help on this an let me know what that awfull sound is? Also does my o/d lite being on have anything to do with it? Thankx for all your help.

Say hello to the bad guy. 98.5 CSVT KKM intake,SQ system.... 2003 accord coupe 6speed. waiting for the after market to catch up....
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thats a tough one, but that sound probably isn't good. If your O/D light is constantly on or flashing get the tranny to a shop to run a diagnostic because it is probably about ready to die.

Make sure your O/D button on the shifter is working right to make sure the light is on for another reason. When my OD light flashed at me and then stayed on, but went off. I ended up getting a new tranny.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In reply to:

Remember when you used to put a baseball card in the spokes of your wheel in your bike??

That cant possibly be good. I would probably cry if my tranny made that sound.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Try putting it in neutral and see if it still makes the noise. Also shut off the engine while coasting (in N) and see if it still makes the noise. The OD-off light should be normally off, and light up when you push the button on the shifter. If it's blinking, that is generally a sign of big ATX trouble. Always make sure the fluid level is full. (Check level with engine idling, in Park)

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
2 guard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I'm not to sure what the hell is going on with this car but when i bought the thang the lite was on then (o/d lite). Heres a dumb ??? but are you supose to lift that button up to put the car in reverse? Pleaze forgive me for all the ?? but this car has been a nitemare since i bought it last weekend. Go figure. Do we have any idea on how much a new tranny cost?

Say hello to the bad guy. 98.5 CSVT KKM intake,SQ system.... 2003 accord coupe 6speed. waiting for the after market to catch up....
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Whoa... Wait a minute. You may want to spend some time with your owners manual There should be 2 buttons on your ATX shift knob. The large thumb button sticking out of the left side of the T shifter is the reverse lock out button. You have to press on the brake pedal and push this button to move the shifter from Park to R or D. You also can't go from D to R without pressing this button. (Reverse LOCK out...)

The overdrive button is smaller and is a little lower down on the shift handle. Mine is sort of a green color. When you press this and release it, the "OD off" light should turn on. Press it again and the light should turn off. If you don't touch this button the light should not be lit up when you start the car.

A new tranny will cost you over $2000 probably. Might want to spend a little time checking fuses and fluid levels etc. before jumping into a tranny replacement.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The next thing I would definately check is the fluid level, like everyone said. The auto trannies can act very very weird it the fluid is even half a quart low. I truly hope you don't need a new tranny but if that 'O/D Off' light is flashing you may have a serious problem.

I'm not sure if the tranny I got was brand new or a reman from Ford but it is a shiney new case! Cost was $2059.42!

2 guard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er

My fault maybe this will help 98 CSVT. Still waiting for the owners giude.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
wait a minute.. I followed the whole "O/D light off" thing, etc, until you asked if you had to lift it up..
that is when I got curious... then the whole CSVT thing, with an OD light on?

WTF? Now I am REALLY not following. The lift-up thiin on the shifter is the reverse lockout, to keep you from accidently going into R while driving.

As far to OD light, I don't know of one on the SVT.. There is a rumor that there is a traction control function on the svt's, just that the button was removed to activate it.. maybe, in that sense, the lighting mechanism for OD is still printed on the guages, even though there is no OD?

Someone else?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

2 guard Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er

I know this sounds crazy, but the o/d light comes on the moment the car is started. As far as the lockout button under the shifter, does not work (I THINK) cause i dont have to do anything special to get the car to go in reverse. Could this be something realated to the funny sound thats coming from the tranny? I didnt think there should be an o/d lite in a 5 speed car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard