Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
Well guys on saturday i had my car droped on H&Rs. well after i got my car back i noticed that the Steering wheel/brake pedel would shake a low speeds. It would go on and off sometimes it would sometimes it wouldnt. Well after talking to buckshot we thought it was Rotors well i changed them and its still there. next i took it to get it alined. Well after the alinement it still wasnt fixed. Well now heres my prob the guy at the alinement shop said that my passenger side Camber/caster was messed up and thats whats causeing the pull and shake. Is this true. Well next i ask him how can i fix it. He tells me by changeing the Strut. Is this true. So what can i do to fix it. So if i change the strut willll it fix my prob or is he handeing me some sht. Plez guy help me ASAP. Ohh another thing its only the right side thats giveing me problemss

Edit- when im comeing to a stop say from 35 or so thats when the car starts to shake until i stop.(steering wheel and brake)

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Well now heres my prob the guy at the alinement shop said that my passenger side Camber/caster was messed up and thats whats causeing the pull and shake. Is this true. Well next i ask him how can i fix it. He tells me by changeing the Strut. Is this true. So what can i do to fix it. So if i change the strut willll it fix my prob or is he handeing me some sht.
it could be true that camber/caster is off, and causing a pull....

im not too sure about the changing a strut deal though...that doesnt sound right to me.....someone correct me if i am wrong

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

see profile for website, aol name, etc
Business:WestEndMobil@yahoo.com
Personal:Corey_pimp1@yahoo.com
1998.5 SCSVT ($16000 takes it)
2001 GSXR-1000
1988 Corsica (the beater)
W
W
What struts are you currently using?

1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost
#3623 of 6535 B-day:09/18/97
My CEG Profile
My Car's Website
My Photo Albulm
"Life is full of conflicts; it's the moments of peace that we must cherish"-Me
R
R
Lower Control Arm Bushings.
Check with Terry Haines for replacements.

Pete...

98.5 SE Sport Duratec ATX (P66L)
Black Clearcoat on Greystone
DOB 11/21/1997
DOP 12/25/1997
PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights
SVT CAT-BACK EXHAUST (No Resonator)
DiabloSport Chip (LPQ4) - Engineered To Raise Hell
Too many other mods to list...
Sounds sweet, runs quick...
Crazy Horse Dyno @ 121.4 WHP/129.6 TQ
I
OP Offline
I
Im stilll useing my stockers

X
X
thats weird mine tends to shake at low speeds with h&r's and stock struts...............

Da Stealth Moblile
J
J
I didn't put h&r's on mine but once I installed the gc/koni combo I didn't grease the cv joints good enough. This will cause your whole car to shake going down the road. including your gas pedal and steering wheel. I thought it was the motor mounts changed them still had the problem. I would check this before changing your strut. Negative camber should be on all 4 tires if the alignment was done right. But the camber is not of that much. I dropped mine 3 1/2 all around and the camber was -25 which doesn't hurt much at all maybe helps you take corners better cool

95 contour (All the usual mods and then some.) Trying to sell four wheeler so i can buy turbo.
E
E
The only way a strut would cause changes in your caster/camber is if the piston inside the strut had worn out of spec. Since the only things keeping it from moving are the piston and the seal on the top of the cyl. If it were worn out it would most likely throw your camber off. Caster would probably only noticeably change when you started or stopped.

confused

· Jon Miconi

· 96 Contour Zetec ATX
· 80 Ramcharger 360 ATX
· 77 Ramcharger 440 ATX
J
JVT Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
The only way a strut would cause changes in your caster/camber is if the piston inside the strut had worn out of spec. Since the only things keeping it from moving are the piston and the seal on the top of the cyl. If it were worn out it would most likely throw your camber off. Caster would probably only noticeably change when you started or stopped.

confused
I think I'm gonna disagree here...

Anytime you lower a car, you now have a lower center of gravity, which causes the top of your wheels to go 'in' and the position of the struts changes, thus causing neg. camber.

Control arms, control arms, control arms, co....

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
T
T
Kev -- I would upgrade your struts.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"