Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2kwik4u Offline OP
OP Offline
Heres my contribution:

Can my Civic Si hang with my bro's Briggs and Stratten?

Alright here is the deal. My brother just bought a house and has a lot of property. The previous owner used an 8 horsepower Briggs & Stratten ride-on lawn mower to mow the lawn. The mower was in rough shape so my bro took it to the shop to have it tuned up. They did a full service on it, plugs, filters, sharpened the blade etc. He got it home from the shop last week and I took it for a spin. Its a 5 speed, it has some pep to it. It has good tires on the back so traction isn't a problem, even on wet grass. My brother has been talking lots of smack saying he will beat my Civic Si. At first I thought he was kidding but now I'm not so sure. When I drove his mower it was pretty peppy. I think the shop he took it to souped it up a bit. Maybe they put a bigger motor in it or something, I don't know. I know it does have a 'Holley' sticker on the back of it now. Will I beat this mower in my Si? Are their any cheap mods I can do to make sure I hold him off? I'm sure I'll get him top-end because his mower will run out of gear quick. 1st and 2nd gear are gone real quick, 3rd and 4th make some decent power, and then 5th is just for cruising. So will I be able to take him off the line or will he get the jump and I'll have to reel him in? When I drove the mower his rear-mounted bag was full of wet leaves so it was pretty heavy. My bro plans on taking the rear bag off when we race. Should I take my back seat out or something? Give me some advice, I'll never live this down if he beats me!

I was at the light on rt 1 in Edison NJ, near Pathmark. I looked over and saw this chubby goofball geezer in his brown UPS truck. I had my REO Speedwagon blastin' and I was daddy mackin' it to these three chicks next to me in traffic. The 3 chicks were dazzled by my Civic Si's presence, and my phat tint job let them know I meant business. So anyways the UPS guy looks over and asks if my ride is fast. I tell him, 'yeah, its pretty fast, why?' He says that he bets his UPS truck could take me. I laugh and say, 'yeah, ok guy.' Then I hear something and I look over. WTF? I hear him purging nitrous. Then I see it coming out of the front air dam. I was pretty much shocked, I knew I was in for a race. He saw the expression on my face and asked if I wanted to back down. I said, "no way." So anyways the light turns green and we are off. He nudges past me initially, my tires went up in smoke. I just have too much power so I had to ride the clutch. In 2nd gear I pulled a bit closer to him and in 3rd I pulled even. Then around 85 MPH I started pulling away from him pretty good. By 120 MPH I had atleast 2 truck lengths on him. We slowed down and he was pretty cool about it. He said he usually beats V8s, and I said, "yeah I do to." He asked me where I bought my car and said he wants to get one to, so he can go to the track and win all the races. I asked him how much NOS he was running and he said a 175 shot. That truck moved pretty good, but not good enough to take me. His truck was filled with computer monitors that he was taking to the Gateway outlet on rt 18 in East Brunswick. He said that if he didn't have all that weight in there he would have taken me. I don't know about that, what do you all think

Exiled from the KYCEG community forever frown
M
M
umm i dont know about this being a story but there is a civic dx here with a hood with scoops similar to a WS6 except bigger and nonfunctional, a huge spoiler, and FACTORY 14' HUBCAPS. That is all. It is an auto.i dont understand. Oh yeah it has a big sticker diagonally on the hood. ill try to get some pictures.

95 Nissan Maxima SE 5speed
VQ Power!
F33R MY NUTZ!
RB26DETT OWNZ JOO!

Moderated by  JPS3, Lance Kinley 

Link Copied to Clipboard