Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Well the car should be ready for this weekend! Took it to Downtown Ford and they should have it ready by Wed. Real nice guys, even complemented my wheels and brakes. If Sun. would be better for everyone, I guess we could do it, but the show closes at 6 on Sun., so we couldn't get too late of a start, maybe meet about 3 to meet and check out each others cars. My AIM screen name is Tour24v, I couldn't believe someone already took CrazyJoe24v. Any questions write me at CrazyJoe24v@yahoo.com

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 5spd.
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
16" Borbet Type B's w/ Kumho 712's
KKM, B&M, ES MMI, TH Fix, Fog Fix, Ford Blue calipers, Clear Corners, Badgeless, Knauberized, KKM pedals, aluminum oil cap, more to come

[This message has been edited by CrazyJoe24v (edited April 02, 2001).]

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'82 Mazda Rx-7 #12 CSP - AutoX Beater
'85 Mazda Rx-7
J
J
what time would it be over on saturday... or what time would we all be leaving

My firebird broke again
J
J
Well, sad to say but I'm afraid I'll have to back out of this. In order to get to Louisville by 3, I'd have to get up earlier than I'd like and I'd probably be dragging as the entire time I'm up there. Oh, its not that I really sleep in, I work from 10pm to 6am. Sorry I won't be able to make it, maybe next time.

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760
C
OP Offline
C
Well jb svt, I hope to see you at another meet in the future. I was thinking of doing my first AutoX on May 20th at Papa Johns Stadium. And JPS3, I figure if we meet around 1:30, get to know one another then head to the show about 2 or 2:30, stay at the show till we've seen enough, then go to dinner. If you have some where to be, leaving before dinner or even from the show wouldn't be a problem. Just let me know, I've written you all an E-mail with my #, if you didn't get it let me know, I think I've been having problems with me E-mail lately.

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
KKM, B&M, ES MMI, TH Fix, Fog Fix, Ford Blue calipers, Clear Corners, Badgeless, Knauberized, KKM pedals, aluminum oil cap, more to come
AIM-Tour24v

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'85 Mazda Rx-7
J
J
How did the meet turn out??

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760
C
OP Offline
C
Well I had a blast, even though only Jeremy(ContourCrazy) showed up. Anyway, the show was alot of fun. I got to sit in a new Audi S4, Honda S2000, and Subaru WRX. In peson the WRX doesn't look as wierd, and I like the hatchback alot more than the sedan. The Momo steering wheel is also kind of cool. I was also ver impressed with the VW GTI. I wish my Contour's interior was as nice. The VW Jetta Wolfsburg was also nice, great seats. The new T-bird was also there, and it's beatiful. The Chrysler Chronos is even cooler looking. There were so many impressive cars I can't list them all, I enjoyed it so much I went back on Sunday. I hope next time we can get a bigger group together. Jeremy mentioned a cookout at his house over the summer. Maybe we should start planning this one a little sooner.

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
AIM-Tour24v

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'85 Mazda Rx-7
J
J
Sorry I missed our first meet. I just now found the post. Wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, though, as my job had me at Knob Creek for the Machine Gun Shoot. Oh well...

------------------
James
'95 Mark VIII
'98 Contour SVT
'80 RX-7 S (picture coming soon)

[This message has been edited by '95 Mark VIII (edited April 12, 2001).]

James
'89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo (Rapid Transit Turbocan)
'80 Mazda RX-7 GS (da AutoX Bish!)
'85 RX-7 GSL (da Partz Bish!)
'98 Ford Contour SVT (Wifey's Car:) )
C
OP Offline
C
What exactly do you do that lets you cover a machine gun shoot? Sounds like my kind of job. I think we should try for a big statewide meet over the summer, and this time everyone get in on the planning so we can have the biggest group possible. Any suggestions, maybe we should start a new post.

I see you just got an old 7. God I love those cars. Does it still run? Those rotary's don't last too long. I almost bought an '81 GS about a month ago, with big plans of dropping in the turbo motor(I can dream), but i now have my heart set on a fist gen 1.6L Miata.

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
AIM-Tour24v

[This message has been edited by CrazyJoe24v (edited April 13, 2001).]

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'85 Mazda Rx-7
J
J
I am a sales rep/office manager at Shooters Supply in Lyndon. Not a bad job, but definitely a step down in pace from my previous job managing theaters for Cinemark. Believe it or not, I actually only paid $100 for the RX-7 this January. It had been setting behind the store for over two years, and at the previous owners house for who knows how long before that. It had to be moved due to construction being started out back for new offices, and the owner offered to give it to me. I asked the wife about it, and she said we had to pay something, so the price was set at $100. The odometer was at 52,800 original miles with it being a one owner and having all of the orginal paperwork. Put on some new tires, changed the fluides and belts, put in a new battery, and we were off. It now has 56,xxx on it and has been driven to Frankfort, Lexington, and Paducah. Seems to be roadworthy, and only has a bit of rust here and there. The bottom of the right rear quarter panel has the most. I am kind of proud of the little car.

I am definitely game for a statewide meet. Just let me know when and where. Cindy and I will be there with bells on if it fits with work.

Catch'ya later,

------------------
James
'95 Mark VIII
'98 Contour SVT
'80 RX-7 S (picture coming soon)

[This message has been edited by '95 Mark VIII (edited April 13, 2001).]

James
'89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo (Rapid Transit Turbocan)
'80 Mazda RX-7 GS (da AutoX Bish!)
'85 RX-7 GSL (da Partz Bish!)
'98 Ford Contour SVT (Wifey's Car:) )
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JPS3, Lance Kinley 

Link Copied to Clipboard