Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JMLSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I was following a van north on hurstbourne when this black golf VR6 pulls right out in front of the van. I think, what an a**. By this time it's clear around the van and pull around and get behind the guy and ride his tale a bit. I saw him look in his rear vew mirror and muddle something under his breath. I was correct on my thought; he's gonna go. I already was in third as we were rolling along around 50mph. He goes and I go. He never left me as I was near his bumber the hole time to 90mph. "I thought their 3 gear torque would kill me." We got cought by the light at Westport Rd. I made my way passed him in the right lane at the light. The light changes and I get some clearing. I look in my rear view mirror and guess who I see? I throw her in third and floor it leaving him four to five car lengths back. I get the flashing of the lights and am victorious in this battle. From what I hear around this board, I really would like to go from a standstill with a VR6.

Kills: VR6, Mark VII LSC, Lightning(older style)on the highway, 3 series bimmers, numerous Hondas.

Spanks: Integra Type R (Missed second)I really want to try again, Mustang Cobra 99, 99 Corvette, M3.

------------------
1999 SVT
Toreador Red
Factory Spoiler

95 SE V6 5sp
Champagne

1999 SVT
T-Red
Spoiler
K&N

2002 Toyota Highlander Limited
All the stuff

95 SE V6-----SOLD
5sp
Champagne
C
C
I was once on 22, a really curvy road leading to 42. I'm flying at about 60 enjoying the turns at about 2 am. Soon I come upon a red BMW, also going pretty fast. When I got close enough to see what model it was I almost cried. An older model M3, my dream car. Since it was a two lane road he couldn't really get on it too much and I actually managed to stay with him in the twisties. I know if this were on a track he would of killed me. While he couldn't lose me in the turns he kept punching it in the straights and leaving me behind until the next set of corners. Finally we get to 42, it has a slight incline at the light and he kept rolling back and then gunning it. There was a Jeep and an F-150 in front of us in the lane. Finally it turned green and both of us took off around the other vehicles as we turned left onto 42. Red light, 4 lanes. we line up, he revs it up, I do the same. turns green, I get the best launch ever, and beat him off the line, but by the end of first he has already passed me. As I'm watching his car I see him hit the rev limiter in first, and I thought I might gain a little, but I'm still watching him and I hit my limiter(DAMN!)We both shift to 2nd and by now its a lost cause. We both keep it going into third, then I flash my hi-beams and shut it down.

He was a real cool guy, he even slowed down to give me a good race thumbs up, I did the same and we both went our seperate ways.

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
2000 Ford Contour SE Sport 5spd.
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
16" Borbet Type B's w/ Kumho 712's
KKM, B&M, ES MMI, TH Fix, Fog Fix, Ford Blue calipers, Clear Corners, Badgeless, Knauberized, KKM pedals, aluminum oil cap, more to come

[This message has been edited by CrazyJoe24v (edited March 23, 2001).]

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'82 Mazda Rx-7 #12 CSP - AutoX Beater
'85 Mazda Rx-7
C
C
I'm surprised this topic hasn't gotten more responce. Oh well, I'll just post another one. This wasn't in my Contour, I was borrowing my Mom's '97 Ford Windstar to move some old carpet from my house. Now this car is pretty quick for a van, it has the 3.8L ohv 200hp V6, and I've been able to smoke the tires from a stop, plus it had all of the seats out freeing it of about 150lbs. Anyway I was cruising down the highway at about midnight to return the van, and I come upon a Mitsu Eclipse and Honda Civic who are playing around at about 80 mph. The Civic exits, and I figure why not. I get closer to make sure it's not a turbo, It has a huge Akimoto sticker across the rear bumper. I pull up behind him, and since its dark I guess he couldn't tell it was a minivan. After a little while he floors it and so do I, it must have been an ATX because he couldn't gain an inch. We slowed down and he tried again, same result. He tried it two other times, and couldn't pull on my van. We both exited on Brownsboro, he went left, I went right. He had a friend in the car and as I pulled up to the light both of their jaws dropped when they saw it was a minivan. And just to rub it in, I laid a nice patch of rubber leaving the light.

------------------
Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
"CRZYJO" vanity plate
16" Borbet Type B's w/ Kumho 712's
KKM, B&M, ES MMI, TH Fix, Fog Fix, Ford Blue calipers, Clear Corners, Badgeless, Knauberized, KKM pedals, aluminum oil cap, more to come
AIM-Tour24v

[This message has been edited by CrazyJoe24v (edited April 03, 2001).]

Joe Coleman
Louisville, KY
Med. Steel Blue Metallic
#12 STS - Retired

'82 Mazda Rx-7 #12 CSP - AutoX Beater
'85 Mazda Rx-7
J
J
I can't seem to get too many people to race me. I've been beaten by a new Mustang GT, Mustang 5.0 and Pontiac GTP. I've beaten a Civic, Camaro (V6 I believe, can't imagine beating a V8), Olds 442 and a F-150 (just messing around with a friend). Can't think of much else that I have raced.

I've got a friend that owns a Dakota RT that wants to race me. Then there is this kid at work that just got a 5.0 Mustang that I want to race. I think I'll be able to beat him. Don't believe much has been done to the car.

Maybe once the weather gets nicer people will be looking to race. I'll let everyone know if I have any races.

'99 SVT Contour
1298 of 2760

Moderated by  JPS3, Lance Kinley 

Link Copied to Clipboard