Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Ok, I am having trouble with my goodyear Eagle GSD tires that are less than a week old. They are 215/45-17. My tire guy says he has a set of Dunlop SP2000 in a 225/45-17 that he will do an even swap on. Is this an ok tire size to run on my car? and are the dunlop's a good tire choice??

2000 SE Sport MTX
Current Mods:KKM intake/removed res./custom Flowmaster exhaust/Eibachs/SVT struts/17x7 TSW imolas w/Dunlop SP9000 tires/fog fix/885 fogs/sound by Alpine,PPI,Audio Control,JL Audio,Boston Acoustic,Focal/Schroth 4-point racing harness.
Future Mods: Fully Zaino'd/front and rear sway bars(w/ custom BNOON powdercoating)/Strut tower brace/SVT exhaust/underdrive pulleys/SVT upper and lower intakes/Superchip/B&M short shift/SVT front bumper/and some others I haven't decided on yet.
www.stlsp.com
"Life's too short not to spend money----on your car!!"
"It's only wrong if you get caught doing it"
D
D
What kind of trouble are you having?

Dan B.
T
OP Offline
T
3 out of the 4 tires are bad, really bad viberation. My tire guy is trading me even. the good years for a set of Dunlop SP9000. will i have any problem running the 225 instead of the 215?

2000 SE Sport MTX
Current Mods:KKM intake/removed res./custom Flowmaster exhaust/Eibachs/SVT struts/17x7 TSW imolas w/Dunlop SP9000 tires/fog fix/885 fogs/sound by Alpine,PPI,Audio Control,JL Audio,Boston Acoustic,Focal/Schroth 4-point racing harness.
Future Mods: Fully Zaino'd/front and rear sway bars(w/ custom BNOON powdercoating)/Strut tower brace/SVT exhaust/underdrive pulleys/SVT upper and lower intakes/Superchip/B&M short shift/SVT front bumper/and some others I haven't decided on yet.
www.stlsp.com
F
F
Are these tires under warranty or id you pick em up ghetto style from the used place? If no warranty do the swap!

I have 225/45's (99-SVT)and they rub a bit over large dips in the road or a litle rub with a 4 people in the car. If you have Koni's should not rub at all. I'm not lowered and I can tell my stock struts are starting to go after only 2 years due to the increasing rub as my struts travel farther easier.

There are always methods to bend or grind your lip down.

T
OP Offline
T
I am more classy than
Quote:
Are these tires under warranty or id you pick em up ghetto style from the used place? If no warranty do the swap!

I'm more classy than that. They are new, bought from a dealer. The Goodyears will take 3-4 weeks to get in, The Dunlops are in stock. I have talked to a few people that said the Dunlop is a better deal, so we are doing the swap.

2000 SE Sport MTX
www.stlsp.com
A
APT Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by timfiredog:
I have talked to a few people that said the Dunlop is a better deal, so we are doing the swap.

Tirerack's prices:

Goodyear GSD in 215/45R17 $ 86 UTQG 180 AA
Dunlop SP2000e in 227/45R17 $151 UTQG 200 AA

I'd get the Dunlops swap myself.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by timfiredog:
I'm more classy than that.

Whats wrong with Ghetto style? :rolleyes:

Josh
Aka Spectra SVT
02 Dark Highland Green F-150 XLT
Mods: Gunrack and cowboy boots
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by MystiCali:

Whats wrong with Ghetto style? :rolleyes:

Hey I'm running ghetto style! confused

I got 4 75% tread life 225/45/17's Continentals mounted/balanced + tax for $195.

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard