Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#256384 07/27/00 11:22 PM
S
Smed Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey guys, was wondering what the latest was on the rear clear lenses were for the 98+ tours??

Ciao

C
Administrator
Administrator
C
I know I'll take a pair. Until then, I am working on making some like the Altezza and the Lexus SUV. I'm going to get some old ones off a junk yard and rework the insides. Then just bend and glue some Lexan over it. Poof! You have clear taillights.

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
J
J
APC is still bull****ting....Saying 3months. Might as well call them Sean Hyland...

1998 SVT, Silver, Mods.
1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Mods.
-- www.cerraracing.com --
C
C
there's a guy in cali that will custom make them for 500 bones. I'm sending mine their this winter if APC doesnt have any by then

---- Envy

Tim
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Last year I did a LOT of research into getting copy's of my lenses made clear. I found that due to the high number of prisms in out taillights, making the mold itself would be a B1TCH!!! By that I mean $40,000 for a pair conservatively. Appearantly it takes something like 10 tons of pressure just to make them. That is just for the outer lights. Forget the center pieces between the lights for both generations. Once the mold is made, they are REALLY cheap to make. Something like $10!! The people that I talked to said that if I where to have the mold made, then I would own it. I would then send the mold to a molder and say "make me 200 sets of these things please." Each set would then be really cheap. I would still own the mold. If we could get the mold made, we could sell it to an aftermarket part maker for about what we paid for it. We could split the cost of the molds.
I have already been through all this, but we can try again since it looks like enough people want them.

Chris http://crush7.dyndns.org/mondeo

-Chris Hightower-

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
L
L
NVMY98SVT. Does the guy in Cali have a shop? I'm interested in a set for my car.

S
S
WTF, how come contour owners have to buy their own feckin mold...? I dont think Civic and Integra owners had to pitch together like this for stuff... but I guess that's what makes us a tighter group......
CEG REPRAZENT!

[This message has been edited by Semaj (edited August 15, 2000).]

99 SVT #2336
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue.
Leda Coilovers.
K&N Drop-In Air Filter.
Quaife ATB Differential.
B&M Short Shifter.
PIAA Superwhite 9005 + 9006.
Dyno Proven: 180hp/164lbft.
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Here's a rendition of what my Altezza lights will be looking like.
http://crush7.dyndns.org/altezzatour.jpg

Chris Hightower http://crush7.dyndns.org/

-Chris Hightower-

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard