Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mangler Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I finally got to replace my brake fluid today, even if I did not have a bleedin buddy.

I used a big ass syringe from the pharmacy (60cc), and a piece of clear plastic tubing (about two feet). This tubing size is usually used for aquarium aeration. I plugged the tube into the syringe, and into the bleeder. You might have to heat up the end to get it on the bleeder. I then pulled the plunger, and backed up the bleeder screw. Make sure you maintain constant vacuum in the line, and all will go smoothly. I pulled over 500ml of black fluid from the 4 lines, replenishing the master cylinder reservoir every two syringes.

Fast, easy, and much cheaper than a vacuum brake bleeder. Plus you don't get any fluid on your painted calipers wink

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
fix, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Ecotek valve
Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust.
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
P
Master P
Master P
P
Heheh.. That's a cool trick! I'll have to go snoopin around the drug store looking for syringes.

M
mangler Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Be prepared for the dirty look when you ask for their biggest syringe...

Marco Tatta
98.5 SE MTX, Duratec
EGR block, fog light
fix, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Ecotek valve
Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust.
Hacksaw short shift, Momo race "s" carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
F
F
Wow love your idea of using a big sucker. you deserve a 5 star for sharing your tips.

P
P
Haha! If I asked for a syringe that big around here in LA, they'd ask to see my arms! Maybe I should go in all twitchin and studdering and stuff....

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard